April 14, 2021 - Preparing for a safe return to the fall semester
Dear UMSL students,
You have responded exceedingly well to the challenges and changes brought about as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Your resilience and continued efforts to maintain our safety protocols – while continuing forward in your academic journey – is both commendable and appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming our returning students back to UMSL this fall and are safely planning to operate at a near-to-normal status. We will be adjusting faculty and staff working schedules this fall to not only enhance your onsite student experience, but to ensure that your academic experience overall is cohesive across all campus units. During our return, we will also continue to maintain our robust and effective online services to advance your education.
Fall course offerings will increase to include in-person and blended options while continuing with a significant percentage of our courses being offered in fully online formats to meet your needs and maintain safety.
Our shift to near normal operations is the result of effective safety policies that have limited the number of active cases on campus. Our regional conditions continue to improve as vaccine availability has increased dramatically and eligibility is now open to all adult Missourians – including students. We encourage each of you to register for a vaccine appointment as soon as possible to protect not only your own safety, but that of your families, friends, and the broader campus and regional community. Additional information on vaccine availability and registration is posted online at https://www.umsl.edu/staysafe/vaccine.html.
We thank you for your support and for continuing to follow our safety protocols here at UMSL. We are confident that you will continue to respond equally well as we seek to bring more people and life back to campus for the fall.
- D'Andre Braddix, Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs, DAndreBraddix@umsl.edu
- Dan Freet, Chief of Police/Institutional Safety, email@example.com
- Jim Hertel, Executive Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daryl Ives, Executive Director of Facilities Management, email@example.com
- Marie Mora, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Roberts, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Marketing and Communications, email@example.com
- Bob Samples, Chief of Staff, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christopher Sullivan, Campus Health Officer, email@example.com