February 15, 2021 - What to know about mass vaccination clinics and vaccination eligibility
Dear UMSL Faculty, Staff and Students,
As you may have read in the news, Governor Mike Parsons issued a news release identifying site locations for COVID-19 mass vaccinations across the state in partnership with the Missouri National Guard, DHSS, SEMA and local health care systems.
We are pleased that UMSL will serve as a host location for a regional event, but please note this clinic is not intended to be a specific vaccination event for members of the UMSL community and is open by invitation only from local health officials. Please do not attend this activity if you have not been contacted by the state to do so.
Health officials are coordinating appointments based on the eligibility of those who have pre-registered through the state’s Vaccine Navigator portal. Currently, those eligible to receive the vaccine are limited to the following phases and tiers:
- Phase 1-A : Priority Populations: Health Care Workers, Long-Term Care Facility Residents
- Phase 1-B, Tier 1: First Responders, Emergency Services, and Public Health Infrastructure
- Phase 1-B, Tier 2: High-Risk Individuals
Those who are not approved to receive a vaccine by appointment at the UMSL site will be denied entry. Please ensure that you have actively pre-registered through the state’s Vaccine Navigator portal if you qualify for eligibility in the phases and tiers above. It is important to note that just because a state has opened a given phase or tier, the supply of vaccines remains limited and many vaccination sites currently lack an active supply.
Additional vaccine information is available on the Start Safe. Stay Safe. website.
Sincerely,UMSL Unified Command:
- D'Andre Braddix, Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs, DAndreBraddix@umsl.edu
- Dan Freet, Chief of Police/Institutional Safety, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Hertel, Executive Director of Human Resources, email@example.com
- Daryl Ives, Executive Director of Facilities Management, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marie Mora, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor, email@example.com
- Justin Roberts, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Marketing and Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Samples, Chief of Staff, email@example.com
- Christopher Sullivan, Campus Health Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org