August 19, 2020 - Start Safe, Stay Safe: Tritons practice good hygiene and cleaning practices
Tritons practice good hygiene etiquette.
In addition to social distancing and wearing a face covering, good hygiene etiquette is also essential to preventing the spread of the coronavirus. To help keep our university healthy, please remember to do the following:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth; and wash or disinfect your hands if you do.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash or disinfect your hands.
- Frequently your wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before and after eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use an ethyl alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60%-95% alcohol. UMSL has placed hundreds of hand sanitizer stations throughout campus. Personal sanitizing supplies are available for purchase in the Triton Store.
Tritons clean and disinfect to stay safe.
Whether using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfecting wipes, ensuring that we clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces is another important step to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- Prior to the start of the fall semester, UMSL Custodial Services disinfected all campus spaces per CDC guidelines.
- Custodial Services will continue to clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces such as door handles, faucets and elevator buttons frequently throughout the day.
- Classrooms will be cleaned between each in-person course while restrooms and other common areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- When possible, doors will remain propped open to allow touchless entry and exit into and within buildings.
- Foot pulls have been installed on many doors that cannot be propped open.
The cleaning of individual offices/spaces and residential spaces is the responsibility of the occupant. We must also remember to clean and disinfect our individual supplies and other personal items as well.