Apply For Housing
Living and Learning Communities
Mansion Hill Apartments
Housing Cancellation Information
Student Health Portal
What Should I Bring?
Safety and Security
Missing Person Policy
Conference and Guest Housing
Submit a Maintenance Request
December 2021 Move out Instructions - Oak Hall
Oak Hall will close for the Winter Break on Friday December 17, 2021 at 5pm. This means that all residents need to be out of the building by that time.
You DO NOT need to completely move out of your room. It is highly encouraged, however, that you take anything you may need with you over Winter Break. You will not be able to access the building from 5pm on December 17, 2021 to Noon on Friday January 15, 2022.
If you are moving out of your room because you will not be returning to Oak Hall for the Spring 2022 semester, please follow these move out instructions:
The checkout process for December 2021 will be abbreviated. Please follow the steps outlined below.
- Complete the cancellation form: http://www.umsl.edu/services/reslife/files/pdfs/ResidenceHallsCancellationForm.pdf. Any cancellation fees, damage charges, and / or improper checkout fees will be assessed to your student account.
- Remove all your personal belongings from your room. Please ensure that you have cleaned your room from top to bottom so that it is move-in ready.
- If you have a loft, work with your RA to get the original bed back in your room.
- Check your mail one last time.
- Take your keys to the Oak Hall Front Desk to check out.
- Turn your keys in there and leave your forwarding address with the Desk Assistant.
- ALL checkouts MUST be completed by Friday December 17, 2021 at 12pm (Noon).
Any resident who fails to check out with the process outlined above will incur a $75 improper checkout fee. Failure to return your keys, any damage charges, or failure to clean your room will be billed to your student account.
December 2021 Move out Instructions - Mansion Hill
Mansion Hill does not close over Winter Break and our residents are not required to move out of their apartments for the duration of Winter Break.
If you know that you are going to be staying in your apartment for any portion of Winter Break, please complete this form:
Should there be a building or community emergency, the Office of Residential Life and Housing then knows to expect you to be in your apartment.
If, however, you know you will not be returning for the Spring 2022 semester, you need to cancel your housing assignment.
The checkout process is as follows:
- Complete the cancellation form on our website: https://www.umsl.edu/services/reslife/files/pdfs/MansionHillCancellationForm.pdf.
- Please keep in mind that in accordance with your housing contract, you need to provide 30 days’ notice in order to avoid being assessed an additional $100 fee.
- Cancellation fees will apply unless you are graduating, completely withdrawing from the university, or being called up for military duty.
- Cancellation fees are as follows:
- One bedroom apartment: $1,280
- Two bedroom apartment WITHOUT ROOMMATE: $1,660
- Two bedroom apartment WITH ROOMMATE: $830
- Remove all personal belongings and clean the apartment from top to bottom. Please consult the Potential Damage and Cleaning Charges document for guidelines: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i1mWQ1ZiNPj-Q_wN_MqLhbJnCivvAzYVJkm3jhx9c8M/edit?usp=sharing
- Check your mail one last time: both your mail located outside your apartment and in the office
- Return your keys
- Our office is open over Winter Break from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, with the exception of Friday December 24 and 31. The office will be closed on those days.
- If you find that you need to return your keys outside of our office hours, please contact the RA on call at 314-229-5154. Please ensure you complete your move-out and return your keys by 10pm. Should you contact the RA on call after 10pm, you will be asked to wait until 8am the next day.
- Should you not return your keys, you will be charged for a replacement set: $113.30 for the entry door key and $25 for the mailbox key.
- All checkouts must be completed by Friday December 31, 2021 at 5pm.
- Cancellation fees are as follows: