- Sheets, pillowcases and blankets (your mattress size will be XL Twin)
- Bath linens (towels, wash clothes)
- Waste basket (bathroom and bedroom)
- Laundry supplies (quarters, detergent, bleach, basket, or bag)
- General cleaning supplies
- Quarters for laundry
- Shower curtain and liner (standard length)
- Shower curtain rod (34" for all rooms except those ending in "01" or "33" which require 40" shower curtain rods)
- Shower curtain rings
- Bath mats/rugs
- Hand soap
- Toilet paper
- Coat/clothing hangers
- Alarm clock
Feel Free to Bring
- Ethernet cable (if bringing gaming system)
- Message/memo board (avoid ones with foam tape, please)
- Cookware and utensils (pots, pans, plates, flatware, etc.)
- One extra lamp (no halogens, please)
- Shower Caddy
Please Do Not Bring
- 3M and/or Command Strips/hooks (they rip the drywall)
- Refrigerators, freezers, or microwaves (because we provide them)
- Halogen lamps
- Space heaters
- Hot plates
- Toaster ovens
- Extension cords (power strips are okay)
- Anything with open flame or a heating element
If you have any questions regarding what you can and cannot bring, please call 314-516-6877
Each residence hall room is thoroughly inventoried prior to your arrival. You will be able to review this inventory when you check in the halls. Any alterations, changes, and/or damages to the room found after the original inventory is signed may be billable to the resident's UMSL account. It is important to remember:
- Wallpaper, bordering, stencils, painting, and/or stickers or other additions are not permitted.
- Residents cannot paint their rooms.
- Tension rods (shower rods) are a safe way to add curtains.
On WALLS: For posters without frames, use pushpins. For framed art, use small nails. Small hanging nails can be used to hang other items on your room's walls. You can have a maximum of eight nail holes in your wall before being assessed an excessive wall repair fee.
Please do not use these items, as they damage walls/doors:
- Foam tape
- Scotch tape
- Electrical tape
- Glow-in-the-dark stickers
- Plastic hooks with adhesive backing
- Anything that will put a hole or tear in a surface
Other Important Considerations
Smoking is not allowed inside the buildings or on any university property. Learn more about the university's no-smoking policy.
No pets except fish in tanks no larger than five gallons. No mice, rats, snakes, lizards, hamsters, gerbils, birds, or other species that might be kept in such an enclosure.
Note: Accommodations may be available for service and emotional support animals. Please see our Service / Emotional Support Animal policy for more information.
Students aged 21 and older are permitted to have alcohol within their own rooms. For more specific information, please see the current community guide. Violations of the alcohol and drug policies may result in expulsion from the residential halls.
Limited parking is near each hall. All vehicles must display a valid UMSL parking permit. The free campus shuttle serves all halls.