The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) supports the strategic goals, mission, and values of the University of Missouri-St. Louis by providing support, leadership, and services that promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. ODEI also ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws and Title IX regulations.
The office provides professional development opportunities, promotes and supports campus events and conversations, provides leadership for strategic diversity initiatives guided by Inclusive Excellence, as well as shares resources for staff and faculty hiring.
As one of the most culturally and ethnically diverse institutions in Missouri, our work is guided by the Inclusive Excellence Framework and the University's commitment to maintaining a climate where all students, faculty, staff and visitors can thrive. To this end, we endeavor daily to help foster a campus community where all members:
- feel valued and respected;
- can pursue their employment, educational, and service goals without bias based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status;
- have opportunities to engage, learn, and grow through interactions with people from different backgrounds;
- develop a deeper understanding, respect, and appreciation for diversity in our society.
Through partnerships and collaborations, we leverage the knowledge, talents, and energy across campus and in the community to organize events, develop strategic initiatives, provide education and resources, and help ensure that programs, policies, and initiatives are inclusive of all members of our campus community. Below is a partial list of our current partnerships, sponsorships, and collaborations:
- Access and Advocacy Committee
- Black Faculty & Staff Association
- Black History Month Committee
- Cambio de Colores
- Chancellor’s Cultural Diversity Council
- Civic Engagement Coalition
- Diversity Alliance
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration
- Hispanic Heritage Month Committee
- Women’s History Month Committee
- Women Trailblazer
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
University of Missouri–St. Louis
One University Blvd.
152 JC Penney North
St. Louis, MO 63121-4400
Phone: (314) 516-5695
Fax: (314) 516-5673