Management Foundations Institute
As UMSL grows and faces new challenges, it is essential that campus leaders are positioned to add value to the university through outstanding management of people and functions while supporting the mission and vision of the university. The Management Foundations Institute developed by Human Resources is designed to accomplish that.
Some of the important topics covered in MFI are:
- Impact of employment law on management
- Attracting and retaining talent
- How to effectively evaluate performance
- Effectively managing people
- Policy and procedure administration
- Managing meetings for productivity and effectiveness
MFI will provide up to 24 hours of management training over a six-month period to each cohort with new cohorts starting in July and January of each year. In order to graduate from the program, participants will be required to complete at least 20 hours of training (classroom and online).
If you would like to participate or nominate someone to participate, please contact your HR consultant.