GWP Summer Invitational Institute
July 6th - July 30th, 2021 Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 - 12:00
Leadership in the Teaching of Writing
The institute brings together strong teachers (all levels, K-college) who will:
- Write revise, and prepare their own writing for in-house publication.
- Study current theory/research, especially research by teachers of writing.
- Demonstrate their teaching practices.
Under the sponsorship of GWP, graduates of the summer institute may conduct workshops and school in-service programs in the future. They may also assume leadership roles for improving writing in their own school settings.
Course expectations include:
- Portfolio of essays, creative writing, and other work in varied genres
- Demonstration workshop that shares a successful approach to teaching
- Reading response journal
- Inquiry project (small-scale action research)
- Participation in study groups
- Time and opportunity to think, talk, read, and write about best practices in the company of peers
The institute offers participants a rich opportunity to grow as a writer and as a teacher of writing. We are confident that participation in the institute will become a pivotal experience in one’s professional life.
Through the institute, participants will earn six hours of either English or Education graduate credit. The cost of the credit will be at the UMSL summer graduate credit rate.
2021 INSTITUTE FLYER
Interested in learning more about our program?
Join us for a Slice of GWP!
Enjoy pizza and the company of GWP teacher consultants
as you get the opportunity to learn about our program.
Contact us for information or to sign up.
Ready to register for the summer course?
Please complete this data form
For Questions, contact:
302 Marillac Hall
1 University Blvd.
StL, MO 63121