National Writing Project
Missouri Writing Project Network
Gateway Writing Project
2015 - 2016
2012 - 2014
2009 - 2011
2006 - 2008
70's - 90's
Graduate Certificate in the Teaching of Writing
School-based In-service Programs
Youth Writing Festival
Teachers as Writers
|Prairie Lands Writing Project||Ozarks Writing Project||Greater Kansas City Writing Project|
MWPN is firmly committed to the belief that teachers are the key to educational change. The MWPN works to improve the teaching of writing in these key ways:
- Each MWPN site identifies and selects master teachers of writing from all levels of instruction in its geographical area.
- Each MWPN site brings these master teachers together on its campus for intensive Summer Institutes.
All MWPN sites base their programs on the following National Writing Project Assumptions:
- Writing is pivotal to learning, to academic achievement, and to job success.
- Writing instruction begins in kindergarten and continues through university.
- Universities and schools in collaboration provide powerful programs for teachers.
- Effective teachers make the best teachers of other teachers.
- Teachers are the key to reform in education.
- Professional development begins when teachers enter teaching and continues throughout their careers.
- Writing is fundamental to learning all subjects.
Real change in classroom practice happens over time.