The Mission of the Community Psychological Service is to:
- Serve as the primary practicum training site for graduate students in the Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology providing training to clinical psychology graduate students.
- Further the research mission of the University by offering faculty and graduate students opportunities to conduct basic and applied research.
Our vision is that the effects of mental illness upon individuals and their families should be alleviated through the coordinated provision of evaluation and treatment by psychologists, future psychologists, and other providers, trained in the most effective evidence-based assessment techniques and treatment interventions.
Our Core Values Are:
- Excellence – in the provision of treatment, evaluation, and training to our clients and students
- Integrity – in promoting accuracy, honesty, and truthfulness in our interactions
- Respect – for others’ dignity and worth, and their rights to privacy, confidentiality, and self-determination
- Responsiveness – in providing timely, focused, and effective services
CPS is the primary practicum training site for the Doctoral Training Program in Clinical Psychology at the University of Missouri - St. Louis. The Doctoral program is accredited by the American Psychological Association. Professional services are provided by licensed psychologists, certified school psychologists practicing under the supervision of licensed psychologists, and advanced doctoral students in clinical psychology, psychology interns, and post-doctoral fellows under the supervision of the licensed psychologist members of our faculty.