Rachel Wamser, Ph.D.
Dr. Rachel Wamser received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Missouri–St. Louis in 2012. She completed her internship at Tulane University School of Medicine–Infant Mental Health Track. Dr. Wamser then completed her post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Michigan, Trauma and Grief Center for Youth.
Dr. Wamser's research lab is centered on traumatic stress, with particular interests in childhood and complex trauma, and the impact of trauma exposure on children, parents, and families. Specific research areas include:
Impact of trauma exposure on children, parents, and families
- Parental support following child maltreatment
- Polyvictimization and complex trauma
- Gun violence
- Co-occurring grief and trauma exposure
- Attrition and improving clinical outcomes from child trauma-focused therapy
- Developing, implementing, and disseminating evidenced-based trauma-focused interventions
She has clinical expertise in evidence-based treatments for anxiety, particularly posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), with infants, children, families, and adults. Dr. Wamser is a research and clinical supervisor.
DR. WAMSER IS ACCEPTING NEW GRADUATE STUDENTS IN THE CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAM FOR FALL 2024