Admitted? Confirm Enrollment
Triton Overnight Experience
Math Placement Testing
Summer Webinar Series
Parent and Family Programs
First Year Parents
Student Care Packages
Weeks of Welcome
Getting Around Campus
Tritonstore and Books
Eating on Campus
Commuting to Campus
Transfer Student Resources
Adult Learner and Parent Resources
One is Done Celebration
WOW Crew Leaders
Faculty & Staff
Transfer and Commuter Ambassadors
First Year Assessment
Communication & Publications
ONE IS DONE CELEBRATION
The Office of New Student Programs will sponsor a program in the Spring Semester, to celebrate first-year students' experiences. The One is Done Celebration recognizes first year student’s milestone in completing their first year of college.
- Induction of new Tau Sigma students,
- Students who achieved a 3.0 or higher and on the Dean’s List in Fall 2015 will be recognized.
- Recognition & Award: First Year Experience Instructors, faculty, staff, and student peer mentors who have assisted with first year student success.
- Nominations are being accepted for outstanding first-year student awards. The awards outlined below will be presented to those who have demonstrated outstanding service, leadership and academic achievement and who are committed to serving the University community. Nominations must be submitted by below date.
- Questions, please email email@example.com or call at 314-516-5291
Nominations must be submitted below by TBD for Spring 2018:
AWARDS TO NOMINATE FOR:
- The Outstanding Advocate for First-Year Students(faculty or staff )award recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to the academic and/or personal lives of first-year students.
- Shining Star Award (first year student) is presented to a first year student(s) that has shown leadership, outstanding service, involvement on campus, academic achievement, and who are committed to serving the university community. *First year student is defined as a first time freshman or transfer student who has completed their first two semesters at UMSL.
- The FYE Peer Leader of the Year (upperclassman)award recognizes a peer leader or mentor who works in harmony with his or her FYE course participants, instructors and/or is someone who provides and enhances the UMSL experience for new students, while engaging students in the overall University community and serving as a positive role model.
Outstanding Advocate for First-Year Students
Beth Eckelkammp (2017)
Derrick Freeman (2016)
Ryan Krull (2015)
Shining Star Award
Heather Lange (2017)
Hunter Hebron (2016) & Madison Bick (2016)
Rodney Whitney (2015)
FYE Peer Leader
Chris Mathes (2017) & Lindsey Rodgers (2017)
Austin Culbertson (2016) & Kristin Wyninegar (2016)
Courtney Dorris (2015)