News and Events
Articles in the News
Announcements for Cybersecurity
Current PhD Students
Appears in Left Nav and Breadcrumb
Professor and CS Graduate Director
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE. 1991.
M.S., Computer Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR. 1987.
B.E. (Honors), Computer Science Engineering, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India. 1983.
Office: 317 ESH
Phone: (314) 516-6520
Fax: (314) 516-5400Office Hours: By Appointment Only
During COVID-19, I will have office hours via zoom during the regular office hours time, by clicking this zoom link: https://umsystem.zoom.us/j/4796239543. You may also contact me via email, or schedule a zoom session by appointment.
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Image Database Indexing
- Image Clustering
- Digital Terrain Modeling
- Object Tracking
- Image Fusion from Multiple Sensors
- Information Retrieval
- Clustering Algorithms
SELECTED FUNDED RESEARCH INVOLVEMENTS
- Infra-red sensor simulation for V22 Osprey simulator
- Generic terrain modeling for flight simulation
- Adaptive clustering to improve search performance
- Tracking objects using different algorithms in real-time for fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft simulators
- Image fusion from multiple sensors in real-time