Ask A Librarian
Ask A Librarian
I Need To ...
Using My Library Account
My Library Account
STL Area Libraries
Locate Journal Titles
Locate eBooks/Online Books
MERLIN / MOBIUS
Connecting to Library Resources
About the Libraries
Where is ...?
Location, Directions & Maps
Giving to the University Libraries
Hours - Test Page
Gifts to the Libraries
Circulation and Access
MERLIN & MOBIUS
Library Instruction Room
Finding Aids by Department or Campus Unit
St. Louis Mercantile Library
State Historical Society
- To qualify as a distance student you must be currently enrolled in an UMSL credit, fee-based distance education class and you do not also attend classes on the UMSL north or south campus. Each semester your status will be verified.
- University of Missouri - St. Louis Ph.D. students, who are continuing to work on their dissertations after leaving the St. Louis area, may inquire as to their eligibility for Library distance services by contacting Mary Zettwoch in the Interlibrary Loan department at (314) 516-5082.
Distance education courses include:
- UMSL online programs and courses, such as the online MBA, Nursing and Education classes
- UMSL Interactive Video (ITV) video conference classes attended at a remote site
- UMSL Off-campus classes are offered at community colleges, hospitals, school districts, and other work sites (e.g. University of Missouri - St. Louis outreach education centers, such as the Mineral Area, Jefferson and St. Charles centers, etc.)
- For information on how to find journal articles consult the Finding Articles with the UMSL Libraries interactive tutorial.
- Distance Students may request an article that is available in one of the UMSL Libraries’ print journals via Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
REMEMBER when filling in your "User Information" to choose Status - Distance Ed.
For Information on how to order a book from any MOBIUS library for pickup at any other MOBIUS library consult the Requesting books tutorial.
Distance students, with prior permission, may choose to have their books shipped.
- ILL will ship books via FedEx and expects you to return them to the UMSL Libraries via FedEx, UPS or another carrier that provides tracking and insurance for the item(s); (you are responsible for the item if it is lost in shipping).
- ILL does not fill requests for textbooks.
For more information about Interlibrary Loan, please call (314) 516-5066 or visit their web page. If you have questions concerning Interlibrary Loan eligibility or services, contact Mary Zettwoch at (314) 516-5082.