Deadline for the Spring 2019 contest is 11:59 p.m., Friday, April 26, 2019.
Entries must be submitted via the online entry form. To access the form, please follow these steps, in this order:
- Log into your UMSL account via Google Docs. Usernames must be entered as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once Logged in, proceed to the ENTRY FORM.
Winners will receive scholarships in first, second and third placement prizes.
- First place prize: $200 scholarship.
- Second place prize: $150 scholarship.
- Third place prize: $100 scholarship.
The winning entries will be displayed on the International Studies and Programs Facebook page.
WHO MAY ENTER
Entrants must have an official connection with UMSL through membership in one or more of the following categories: UMSL Student or UMSL Faculty/Staff. No entrant may submit photos in more than one category. Entries from faculty, staff, and individuals involved in competition planning or judging, and entries from professional photographers, are not eligible to win, place, or receive prizes although they may earn honorable mention.
WHAT MAY BE ENTERED
- A maximum of THREE photographs per entrant may be entered.
- Entries must be the ORIGINAL WORK of the entrant, and must be photographs taken outside the United States.
- Digital photos must be at least 300 DPI or high enough resolution for print
- Digital entries may not be altered or enhanced in any way.
- Mobile phone entries must be high resolution
Entries must be submitted via the online entry form. In order to access the form, each entrant must sign into his or her UMSL account via Google Apps. If you are unable to access the form, please use the UMSL ITS Dropbox to send your entries to email@example.com. You may also stop by 331 SSB for assistance during normal business hours.
Winners may be contacted and asked for more information about the winning entries. Such additional background information might be incorporated into such things as contest displays and later publications.
Rights are retained by the artist. By signing the entry form and submitting it, however, entrants are agreeing that they grant the University of Missouri-St. Louis and International Studies and Programs royalty-free use of submitted photographs in displays and in print and electronic publications. The artist will be fully credited in all such displays and publications.
Entries will be judged on the quality of the image, artistic expressiveness, and creativity. Judges also reserve the right to consider geographic and thematic variety, as well as relevance to the mission of International Studies and Programs, in selecting the winners. All decisions of the judges are final. The competition organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: April 26, 2019
Questions: Email the contest coordinator.