College of Business Administration Home
Bachelor of Science in Accounting (BSA)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BSIS)
General Education Requirements
Supply Chain and Analytics
Advisors by Specialization
Meet the Staff
Advanced MIS Lab
Small Business Resources
The Current Newspaper
Ombudsman and Student Concerns
Future UMSL Business Building
Two global awareness courses selected from an approved list maintained in the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising in the College of Business Administration.
MGMT 4220 - Business Assessment Test
General Degree Requirements-all degrees--all students
- Good Standing Policy - students are allowed to take a maximum of 15 hours of upper-division business classes before a “good standing” evaluation is applied to their academic records. In order to remain in good standing and continue to enroll in upper division business courses, students must maintain a 2.3 campus and business grade point average and must have completed the following cluster of courses (with a grade of C- or higher):
|ACCTNG 2400||Fundamentals Of Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCTNG 2410||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS AD 2900||Legal Environment Of Business||3|
|ECON 1001||Principles Of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON 1002||Principles Of Macroeconomics||3|
|INFSYS 2800||Information Systems Concepts And Applications||3|
|MATH 1030||College Algebra||3|
|MATH 1100||Basic Calculus||3|
|MATH 1105||Basic Probability And Statistics||3|
- Students must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours for any baccalaureate degree from the College of Business Administration.
- Students must complete a minimum of 60 non-business hours.
- Students must complete a minimum of 48 hours in business courses.
- Students must complete a minimum of 36 hours of upper division business courses.
- Students are limited to a maximum of 24 credit hours in any single business discipline beyond core courses.
- Students are limited to a maximum of 78 credit hours in business and economics combined.
- Students must attain a minimum campus grade point average of 2.3. Grade modification may be used in calculating this grade point average.
- Students must attain a minimum business grade point average of 2.3. Grade modification cannot be used in calculating this grade point average.
- Students seeking an emphasis area or major within the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree, Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree, and/or Bachelor of Science in Information Systems degree must attain a minimum grade point average of 2.3 in the emphasis/major. Grade modification cannot be used in calculating this grade point average.
- A minimum grade of C- is required for each course in the business core (except MGMT 4219); for each course which serves as a prerequisite for another course; and for each course in an emphasis area and/or major.
- Of the maximum of 18 hours which may be taken on a satisfactory/unsatisfactory graded basis, only 9 hours can be in business, and those are restricted to electives—courses beyond the required business core courses.
- Business course prerequisites are enforced by the College of Business Administration and include a minimum campus grade point average of 2.0 as a condition for taking any upper division business course.
- Emphasis areas may be added for up to two years following degree completion. Each additional degree from the College of Business Administration requires 15 unique hours taken at UMSL subsequent to completion of the prior business degree.