How to Declare | UMSL

Common Searches

How to Declare

To declare a major, students need to speak with an advisor in the college that offers their major to fill out a Change of Major form. If the student is changing colleges (i.e. from College of Business Administration to the College of Education) students will need to also fill out a Program/Plan Change form.

Some programs, like Nursing, Social Work, and Engineering, require additional pre-requisites and students should meet with an advisor from these programs before applying to them.

Advising Locations

College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) 303 Lucas Hall
College of Business Administration (COBA) 487 Social Sciences Building
College of Education (COE) 115 Marillac Hall
College of Fine Arts & Communication (COFAC) 303 Lucas Hall
College of Nursing (CON)

Nursing Administration Building

Pierre Laclede Honors College (PLHC) 109 Provincial House
School of Social Work 121 Bellerive Hall
UMSL/Washington University Joint Engineering Program B228 Benton Hall