Salary negotiation is one of the last steps in the job search process. It should not be an issue until the employer is ready to make you an offer, so don't bring it up during your initial interviews.
You should be well-prepared for the conversation of starting salaries and knowing the typical salary range for the position you are seeking is a first step.
- O*NET: Interactive site for exploring occupational information.
- Goinglobal: Professional advice and employment information for over 28 countries and 40 US cities.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Profiles hundreds of occupations, including education and skill requirements, salary information, and job outlook projections.
- MERIC: Missouri Economic Research & Information Center, the research division for the Missouri Department of Economic Development, provides a data driven site on Missouri economic indicators, industry studies, occupation studies, regional information and community issues.
- MERIC Occupation Studies: Gain access to Missouri occupational data, career resources, target industry real time briefs and workforce studies
- Salary Calculator: Detailed compensation guidance offered by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.