The growth of the Internet created an explosion of Web pages - both business and personal. With the need for updates and Web site redesigns, there is a continuing demand for professionals skilled in designing, developing, maintaining, and customizing Web pages.
This Chancellor's Certificate program will provide you with the tools you need to create attractive and effective Web pages and understand modern web design.
You'll learn to:
- Create consistent page designs throughout your site using a Web design program's style sheets and templates.
- Use your knowledge of HTML and CSS code to quickly tweak your page design, even if you're using a GUI program or content management system to create your site.
- Optimize images to improve your page design.
- Use scripting to create interactivity and create special effects such as slideshows, rollover buttons, and navigation menu bars.
- Understand the principles of responsive design and how to make your page viewable and attractive on all devices and screen sizes.
How to Enroll
- Enroll online. The online Certificate Registration Code is CT800-X9000 for the Web Design Certificate.
- Call 314-984-9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to enroll.
There is a nonrefundable fee of $25 which covers processing, recordkeeping and certificate costs.
Upon receipt of the application and fee, we will send a confirmation and a Notification of Completion form. Use this form to keep track of classes you're taking toward your certificate. When you complete your last class, return the Notification form.
We will verify successful completion of all requirements, and send you the Chancellor's Certificate in Web Page Design.
Note: You will receive CEUs for successful completion of each certificate class. The hours you complete in these classes can also be applied toward the 96-hour Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer.
You should be proficient with the Windows environment and be able to find files, create folders, organize and manage files and folders, work with multiple windows, and share data between applications via the Clipboard.
Certificate Completion Requirements
All classes must be completed through the University of Missouri-St. Louis Computer Education & Training Center within 24 months of submitting the application. If you have completed one or more of these classes through the Computer Education & Training Center in the 24 months prior to completing your application, they may be applied to this certificate. Granting approval for these classes depends on verification of satisfactory completion of each class.
You are required to complete any course prerequisites listed for certificate classes. These classes will not count toward the hours required to complete the certificate. Be sure to check the course descriptions for specific prerequisites.
Please note that a class can only be applied to one specialized certificate.
A minimum of 58.5 hours is required - 13 hours from HTML, 19.5 hours from Web Page Design, 6.5 hours from Web Interactivity, and 19.5 hours from Electives.
HTML (minimum 13 hours required)
- Introduction to HTML
- Intermediate Applications of HTML
- Advanced Applications of HTML
Web Page Design (minimum 19.5 hours required, of which 6.5 hours need to be Responsive Design Using HTML and CSS)
- Introduction to CSS
- Intermediate Applications of CSS
- Advanced Applications of CSS
- Responsive Design Using HTML and CSS
Web Interactivity (minimum 6.5 hours required)
Electives (minimum 19.5 hours required)
- Introduction to WordPress
- Intermediate WordPress
Or any classes listed in the categories above (HTML, Web Page Design, or Web Interactivity) that have not been applied to a category can be used as an elective.