In today's business environment, programmers need to be highly skilled in a systematic approach to analysis, design, and development of computer programs. This Chancellor's Certificate program provides you with:
- A fundamental understanding of programming concepts and how they apply to procedural and object-oriented languages.
- Skills to write, compile, debug, and execute programs.
- Standard techniques and programming logic that will help you solve practical problems.
- Practical knowledge in writing SQL queries.
- Ways to find and correct errors in your programs.
This certificate is recommended for individuals who want to learn and enhance their knowledge of programming languages and for those involved in programming who want to update their skills, including developers, programmers, analysts, and IS managers.
How to Enroll
- Enroll online. The online Certificate Registration Code is CT814-X9014 for the SharePoint Certificate.
- Call 314-984-9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to enroll.
There is a nonrefundable fee of $25 which covers processing, recordkeeping and certificate costs.
Upon receipt of the application and fee, we will send a confirmation and a Notification of Completion form. Use this form to keep track of classes you're taking toward your certificate. When you complete your last class, return the Notification form.
We will verify successful completion of all requirements and send you the Chancellor's Certificate in Programming.
Note: You will receive CEUs for successful completion of each certificate class. The hours you complete in these classes can also be applied toward the 96-hour Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer.
You should have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of programming. Specifically, you should be familiar with basic programming structures, output statements, constants, assignment statements, input statements, string and numeric variable types, conditionals, and branching and looping control structures. (If you are unfamiliar with these topics, you should take "Introduction to Programming Concepts.")
Certificate Completion Requirements
All classes must be completed through the University of Missouri-St. Louis Computer Education & Training Center within 24 months of submitting the application. If you have completed one or more of these classes through the Computer Education & Training Center in the 24 months prior to completing your application, they may be applied to this certificate. Granting approval for these classes depends on verification of satisfactory completion of each class.
You are required to complete any course prerequisites listed for certificate classes. These classes will not count toward the hours required to complete the certificate. Be sure to check the course descriptions for specific prerequisites.
Please note that a class can only be applied to one specialized certificate.
A minimum of 78 hours is required - 39 hours from Core Courses and 39 hours from Database Programming.
Core Courses (minimum 39 hours required)
- Introduction to Java Programming
- Intermediate Java Programming
- Advanced Java Programming
Database Programming (minimum 39 hours required)
- Introduction to SQL
- Intermediate Applications of SQL
- Advanced Applications of SQL
- Advanced SQL Queries: Level 1
- Advanced SQL Queries: Level 2
- Advanced SQL Queries: Level 3
- SQL Query Optimization
- Introduction to SQL Stored Procedures
- Intermediate SQL Stored Procedures