Excel is arguably one of the world's most widely used software applications. Its ability to create simple spreadsheets, combined with powerful automation, graphing, analysis, and data manipulation features, make Excel an essential business tool that can be used at a variety of skill levels.
Who should pursue this certificate?
This Chancellor's Certificate is designed for anyone using Excel to input and manage data - from daily budgets and expense accounts to long-range planning documents. Whether you are an administrative assistant looking for quicker and more consistent ways to log in expenses, a data analyst wanting more sophisticated formulas to analyze your organization's budget, or a CFO needing ways to project for future expenditures, you can benefit from this certificate program.
Learn the Excel features that automate your work, prevent errors, make data entry easier, and visually present your spreadsheet for the greatest understanding and impact. If you are an Excel beginner, you will learn the right way to set up your spreadsheets and manage your data. More advanced users will discover the powerful design, analysis, and automation features.
What will you learn with this certificate?
Our certificate courses cover a wide range of topics and dozens of Excel techniques, from basic spreadsheet design concepts to advanced training in formulas and macros. The certificate's three areas - core classes, Data Analysis and Visualization, and electives - cover the basic Excel features. The choice of courses in each category lets you take those that apply to your experience level and job category. Together, these courses will allow you to use Excel to its full potential and make you more effective in setting up, formatting, and analyzing your data.
You can learn the valuable skills that will help you:
- Save time by learning to properly set up and format spreadsheets, using effective design techniques. Beginning with a well-designed spreadsheet means easier data entry and fewer entry errors.
- Add visual impact to your data through charts and PivotTables. Take a spreadsheet full of numbers and convert it to easy-to-understand graphs and summary tables to share with others through reports or presentations.
- Learn formulas and built-in functions to quickly calculate your data and perform statistical analysis.
- Get an overview of your company's finances by combining multiple lists or tables from different departments into one consolidated table. Have Excel calculate the tables, creating a summary table.
- Increase your efficiency by creating macros to automate processes.
How to Enroll
- Enroll online. The online Certificate Registration Code is CT813-X9013 for the Excel Certificate Certificate.
- Call 314-984-9000 or email email@example.com for information on how to enroll.
There is a nonrefundable fee of $25 which covers processing, recordkeeping and certificate costs.
Upon receipt of the application and fee, we will send a confirmation and a Notification of Completion form. Use this form to keep track of classes you're taking toward your certificate. When you complete your last class, return the Notification form.
We will verify successful completion of all requirements and send you Chancellor's Certificate in Excel.
Note: You will receive CEUs for successful completion of each certificate class. The hours you complete in these classes can also be applied toward the 96-hour Chancellor's Certificate on the Computer.
You should be proficient with the Windows environment and be able to find files, create folders, organize and manage files and folders, work with multiple windows, and share data between applications via the Clipboard.
Certificate Class Requirements
All classes must be completed through the University of Missouri-St. Louis Computer Education & Training Center within 24 months of submitting the application. If you have completed one or more of these classes through the Computer Education & Training Center in the 24 months prior to completing your application, they may be applied to this certificate. Granting approval for these classes depends on verification of satisfactory completion of each class.
You can earn this certificate in one of these two ways:
- Complete a minimum of 45.5 hours in the classes specified below - 13 hours from Core Courses, 13 hours from Data Analysis and Visualization, and 19.5 hours from Electives.
- Complete the Chancellor's Certificate in Business Applications and then take just 26 additional hours with 13 hours from the Data Analysis and Visualization category and 13 hours for the Electives category as shown below.
Core Courses (minimum 13 hours required)
- Introduction to Excel
- Intermediate Applications of Excel
- Advanced Applications of Excel
Data Analysis and Visualization (minimum 13 hours required)
- Creating Charts with Excel
- Excel Data Analysis
- Introduction to Excel PivotTables
- Intermediate Excel PivotTables
- Advanced Excel PivotTables
Electives (minimum 19.5 hours required)
- Excel Data Manipulation
- Excel Formulas and Functions
- Excel Macros Using VBA
- Intermediate Excel VBA
Or any classes listed in the categories above (Core Courses, Data Analysis and Visualization) that have not been applied to a category can be used as an elective.