The Wise Pockets World Schoolhouse is designed to provide educators with strategies for teaching personal finance education in the classroom. As you prepare students to become more knowledgeable consumers, wise savers and investors, responsible users of credit, and careful decision makers, we encourage you to visit these web pages frequently to discover innovative methods of teaching personal finance.
The lesson plans at the left are designed for use in grades
3 - 6. They teach personal finance concepts through the use of children's trade books. New lessons will appear periodically, so we encourage you to visit us in the future for new ideas for your classroom.
These printable lessons include
- a lesson description,
- a personal finance concepts list,
- cross-curricular connections,
- instructional objectives,
- detailed procedure steps,
- activity sheets and visuals,
- assessment techniques, and
- extension/enrichment recommendations.
We hope that your students enjoy these lessons and that you will return again soon.