STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF MISSOURI RESEARCH CENTER-ST. LOUIS
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-ST. LOUIS
For a list of the images in this collection click here and go to the WHMC photograph database
Related collection: s0781 Kramer and Harms Architecture Firm, Records, 1949-1980
Hugo K. Graf was born in St. Louis on 17 January 1888 and died in 1953. He designed several significant buildings in St. Louis and the surrounding metropolitan area, including the Carpenter Branch Library and parts of the Barnes Hospital complex. In the 1920s he partnered with William T. Trueblood in the architectural firm Trueblood and Graf. He went into independent practice in 1934 following the dissolution of the partnership.
The collection also contains papers and photographs from Kramer and Harms. Gerhardt Kramer, who had worked for Graf, started this firm with Joe Harms following Graf's death.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
This collection contains papers, photographs, and images from the Architect Hugo K. Graf and the architectural firm “Kramer and Harms.” The Hugo Graf photos are generally of completed businesses and residences. The images are generally drawings of buildings, residences, and one drawing of a streamlined automobile from Lawncraft Incorporated. Also included are a copy of the “Missouri Ordnance News” that includes information wartime activities in Louisiana Missouri and several issues of the “Architectural Concrete” journal. The earliest document in this collection is a Graf paper that dates from 1924.
In regards to “Kramer and Harms” this collection contains several plans, specifications, and photographs of restorations of historic buildings in Missouri, including but not limited to Arrow Rock Tavern and the Governor Fletcher House restoration. The photographs included are of buildings as a whole as well as close up details. The earliest Kramer and Harms papers date from 1967.
Series 1, Hugo Graf Papers, folders 1-40
This series contains papers, clippings, photographs, plans, and specifications from Hugo Graf. Of the papers specific to Hugo Graf they range in dates from 1924 to 1994. Also, included are several issues of “Architectural Concrete” dates ranging from the 1930s to 1955.
Series 2, Kramer and Harms Arrow Rock papers, folders 41-67
This series contains several papers, plans, photographs, clippings, plans, correspondence, administrative files and specifications for the Arrow Rock Restoration Project. Date range for this series is from 1969 to 1994.
Series 3, Kramer and Harms, Carter-Price Papers, folders 68-71
This series contains papers from the Carter-Price restoration. The date range for this series is 1982 to 1988.
Series 4, Kramer and Harms Faherty House Papers, folders 72-74
This series contains papers from the Faherty house restoration. One piece is dated 1972.
Series 5, Kramer and Harms, Fletcher House Papers, folders 75-79
This series includes papers from the Fletcher House restoration. The date range for this series 1968 to 1987.
Series 6, Kramer and Harms, Gas Workers papers, folders 80-86
Contains specifications for University City Gas Workers Union building, that date of the materials is 6 July 1961.
Series 7, Kramer and Harms, Horse Museum papers, Folders 81-87.
Includes papers for the Horse Museum building in Mexico. The date range for this series is from 1867 to 1973.
Series 8, Kramer and Harms, Hunter-Dawson, folder 88.
This series papers for Hunter-Dawson House. Dated 1976.
Series 9, Kramer and Harms, Kirkwood Fabricators folders 89-90
Contains specifications for Kirkwood Fabricator building. Dated 1964
Series 10, Kramer and Harms, Gerhardt T. Kramer Book, folder 91.
Book by Kramer, Gerhardt T. dated June 1932
Series 11, Kramer and Harms, Lashlee, folder 92.
Specifications Lashlee residence.
Series 12, Kramer and Harms, Mill Restorations, folders 93-96
Contains clippings, administrative files and field reports for the Bollinger and Nose Mill restorations. Date range 1968-1969
Series 13, Kramer and Harms, Monroe County Court House folders 97-99
Contains correspondence, specifications, and administrative files for Monroe County Court house restoration.
Series 14, Kramer and Harms, Nabisco Building folder 100
Contains specifications for Nabisco building dated 15 October 1976
Series 15, Kramer and Harms, Newbill-McElhiney folder 101-106
Contains administrative files, clippings, completion report, and correspondence regarding Newbill-McElhiney restorations. Date range 1968-1976.
Series 16, Kramer and Harms, Northminster Presbyterian Church folders 107-111
Contains clippings, correspondence, administrative files, pamphlets and plans regarding Northminster Presbyterian Church addition. Date range 1956-1960
Series 17, Kramer and Harms, Pelster Barn folders 112-116
Contains administrative files, financial papers clippings and publications regarding Pelster Barn restorations. Date range 1978-1989.
Series 18, Kramer and Harms, Rayco Job folders 117-124
117. Contains Book of specifications for “Rayco Job” 9 August 1960.
Series 19, Sacred Heart Church Building Caruthersville folder 125
Contains specifications for administrative files, clippings, correspondence, financial records, and images regarding Sacred Heart Church Building. Date range 1955-1971.
Series 20, Kramer and Harms, St. Charles Landmark Preservation Board folders126-131
Contains administrative files, clippings, specification book, and correspondence regarding the activities of the St. Charles Landmark preservation board. Date range 1970-1977.
Series 21, Kramer and Harms, Ste Genevieve folder 132
Contains specifications for Ste. Genevieve restoration. Date range 1979-1980
Series 22, Kramer and Harms, St. Patrick’s Church folders 133-136
Contains correspondence, contracts, financial records, and specifications regarding St. Patrick’s Church. Date range 1954-1956.
Series 23, Kramer and Harms, St. Paul’s Church folder 137
Contains papers regarding renovation of St. Paul’s Church
Series 24, Kramer and Harms, Saxon Lutheran Memorial folders 138-139
Contains administrative files, plans, and specifications regarding Saxon Lutheran Memorial. Date range 1980-1984.
Series 25, Kramer and Harms, Warren County Museum Building folders 140-145
Contains correspondence, pamphlets, and specifications for the Warren County Museum building dated range 1981 to 1989.
Series 26, Kramer and Harms, Western District Telephone
Contains specifications for Western District Telephone Project dated 1954.
Series 27, Hugo Graf Photographs
Contains photographs of Hugo Graf projects.
Series 28, Kramer and Harms photographs
Contains photographs for Kramer and Harms projects.
Series 29, Oversize boxes 7 and 8
Contains drawings, photographs, plans, and photographs of Hugo Graf and “Kramer and Harms” projects. Date range 1925 to 1950.
Series 1, Hugo Graf Papers
BOX 1 (070379)
1. Clippings: Two clippings International Shoe Company Building, St. Louis Post-Dispatch clipping of Arthur Lindberg cabin dated 11 October 1936, Guy Oliver house clipping Ladue News 14 January 1994, Harry Stix house clipping, Journal of the A.I.A. December Clipping by R. Clipston Sturgis.
2. Correspondence: Correspondence from George Irwin Rohrbough of Monticello, Arthur R. Lindbergh, Mayor Chapman of Webster Groves, Chief of Engineers St. Louis Southwestern Railway Lines, W.C. Henning of A. Leschen and Sons Rope Company.
3. Flyers and Bulletins Colleges: Monticello College of Godfrey Illinois, College Bulletin August 1940 Series 96, Number Five and Central College of Fayette Missouri Bulletin Volume 7 part 2 March 1938. Three flyers Monticello College.
4. History: Bibliography of sources for Trueblood and Graf. List of works of Trueblood and Graf 1930 and before. List of famous people’s homes as of February 1980 who apparently lived in Hugo Graf homes.
5. History: Harding Article entitled “George M. Harding’s Addition” includes paragraph about James P. Dawson who had a house built by Hugo Graf.
6. History: Historic 13 photocopies of “Historic Inventories” of Hugo Graf houses from the Office of Historic Preservation in Jefferson City Missouri.
7. History: Trueblood Two Wilbur T. Trueblood obituaries, two Wilbur Tyson Trueblood condensed histories, List of Trueblood and Graf Projects, Four Hugo Graf condensed histories, Missouri Department of Tourism “Grand Center Neighborhood Walking Tour” Pamphlet, Wilbur T. Trueblood Jr. Obituary PD 21 July 1989, Condensed History of Trueblood and Graf, and Photocopy of Hugo K. Graf.
8. Images: Drawing Cities1924 drawing titled “Location of New Court House in the Saint Louis Civic Center” signed by Fred Graf. Drawing titled “Section of Third Street Elevated Trafficway” signed by Fred Graf.
9. Images Contains images of Trueblood and Graf buildings. Two photocopies A. Lechen and Sons Rope Company factory and Drawing A. Lechen and Sons Rope Company factory, image A. Lechen and Sons Rope Company, Barnes Hospital photocopy and drawing, Carter Carburetor drawing, Barnes Rand-Johnson Surgical Hospital drawing, Carpenter Branch Library photocopy, Edwin P. Cave House photocopy, Edward L. Bakewell Real Estate Building, First Church of Christ Scientist Kirkwood, Drawing Municipal, Water, Light, and Power Plant image, Clayton Police Headquarters photocopy that includes a history of Clayton dated 1976, James P. Dawson House two photocopies, Horace D. Eberly House photocopy, Jack Goggin House image, International Shoe building drawing, Daniel J. Kerwin house image, Arthur R. Lindburg house drawing, two Majestic Manufacturing Company drawings, Alfred A. Meyer photocopy, Russ Meyer drawing, three Mortimer Burroughs house images, Guy W. Oliver house photocopy, William O. Reeder house photocopy, six Rogers Theatre Poplar Bluff images, Dunstan Road house drawing, Shurtlef College drawing, Dale S. Stanza Residence drawing, Harry F. Stix house photocopy, four images Monticello College Fayette Missouri and University City Senior High School photocopy.
10. Journal “Architectural Concrete” Journal volume one to volume number six. Volume two number one, volume two number four, volume three number four .
11. Journal “Architectural Concrete” Journal volume four number one to volume five number five .
12. Journal “Architectural Concrete” Journal volume six number one to volume six, volume seven number one to number four published by Portland Cement Company.
13. Journal “Architectural Concrete” Journal volume eight, number one through volume eight number four published in either 1941 or 1942. By Portland Cement Company
14. Journal “Architectural Concrete” Journal volume nine number one, volume nine number two, volume ten number one 1944, volume eleven number one 1945 published by the Portland Cement Company
15. Journal “Architectural Concrete” Journal Volume Eleven Number two 1946, Volume Twelve number one to Volume twelve number three 1947. Volume thirteen number one and two 1946.
16. Journal “Architectural Concrete” Journal number 49 to 52 published in 1953. Number 57 1955 with reference to Pruitt- Igoe building in St. Louis.
17. Journal “Forms for Architectural Concrete” magazine, Architectural Concrete for Small Buildings Magazine and forty pages of specifications for working with concrete. Pre 1950s publications.
18. Journal Articles and pages from “Architecture Journal” and “Architecture’s Portfolios” from the 1920s which includes several detailed drawings of close up architectural features.
19. Journal Articles and pages from Architecture Journal and “Architecture’s Portfolios” from the 1920s and 1930s which includes several detailed drawings of close up architectural features.
20. Journal Articles and pages from Architecture Journal and “Architecture’s Portfolios” from the 1920s and 1930s which includes several detailed drawings of close up architectural features.
21. Journal Articles and pages from Architecture Journal and “Architecture’s Portfolios” from the 1920s and 1930s which includes several detailed drawings of close up architectural features.
22. Journal Articles and pages from Architecture Journal and “Architecture’s Portfolios” from the 1930s which includes several detailed drawings of close up architectural features
23. Plans from Hugo Graf including Barnes Hospital Surgical Hospital.
24. Plans: 1944 plans and specifications for Engine House No. 31.
25. Specifications: buildings by Graf organized by owner b-c.
26. Specifications: buildings by Graf organized by owner d-l.
27. Specifications: buildings by Graf organized by owner m-r.
BOX 2 (070400)
28. Specifications: buildings by Graf organized by owner and number plans s-x. Residence number 642 and 639.
29.Specifications: Sections Index to 4-0 of specifications book for Wilbur T. Trueblood and Hugo K. Graf Buildings. Date of publication unknown.
30.Specifications: Sections 5-0 to 9-0 of specifications book for Wilbur T. Trueblood and Hugo K. Graf Buildings. Date of publication unknown.
31. Specifications: Sections 10-0 to 17-0 of specifications book for Wilbur T. Trueblood and Hugo K. Graf Buildings. Date of publication unknown.
32. Specifications: Sections 18-0 to 28-0 of specifications book for Wilbur T. Trueblood and Hugo K. Graf Buildings. Date of publication unknown.
33. Specifications Book of Architectural details including those of Fenestra Windows by Detroit Steel Products. Includes drawings of buildings from major cities around the United States. Date of publication unknown.
34. Specifications: Book Architectural details including those of Fenestra Windows by Detroit Steel Products. Includes drawings of buildings from major cities around the United States. Date of publication unknown.
35. Specification book Goodrich-Gaston Clinic, Published 1 August 1941. Specification for Factory Building A. Leschen and Sons Rope Company, published 15 May 1940.
36. Specifications: book New Factory Building, Jackes Evans MFG. Co. Published 18 March 1942. Specification book for International Business Machine 3 November 1949.
37. Specifications: 7-Up Company office building, published 15 December 1950, book.
38. Specifications: Masonic Home 5351 Delmar specifications and correspondence and flyers regarding specifications.
39. Specifications: Steven’s Master Specifications book sections 1-0 to 6-0. Contains index listing specifications for 18 buildings. 1929 edition.
40.Specifications: Steven’s Master Specifications book sections 7-0 to 28-0. 1929 edition.
Series 2, Kramer and Harms, Arrow Rock Papers
41. Administrative Documents regarding Arrow Rock restoration. Among other
documents contains timesheets, contractor contact information, business card,
and meeting minutes. Dated 1980 to 1993
42. Administrative Documents regarding Arrow Rock restoration. Included are minutes of meetings, contractor contact information, and itineraries. Dates range from 1970 to 1993.
43. “Archeological Investigations of Three Area, Adjacent to the Old Courthouse, Arrow Rock State Historic Site, Arrow Rock Missouri.” Unbound report of Archeological investigations led by the University of Missouri-Columbia. Dated August 1987. Contains images of artifacts found at Arrow Rock excavation. And describes findings of investigations.
44. Blueprint tags of the “Tavern Restoration”
45. Clippings regarding Arrow Rock. Dates range from 4 August 1971 to 7 June 1987.
46. “Completion Report, Arrow Rock Tavern Kitchen Restoration” dated 19 March 1973.
47. Correspondence to and from Kramer and Harms regarding Arrow Rock August 1969 to April 1974. Arranged by date.
48. Correspondence to and from Kramer and Harms regarding Arrow Rock renovation April 1980 to December 1985.
49. Correspondence to and from Kramer and Harms regarding Arrow Rock renovation January 1986 to December 1986. Arranged by date.
50. Correspondence to and from Kramer and Harms regarding Arrow Rock renovation January 1987 to December 1989. Arranged by date.
BOX 3 (070401)
51. Correspondence to and from Kramer and Harms regarding Arrow Rock renovation
March 1990 to August 1993. Arranged by date. Also contains correspondence of
52. Financial records regarding Arrow Rock project. Among papers included ar bids, logs, and receipts of financial transactions.
53. Flyers containing information from manufacturers of housing products.
54. Histories Contains one history of “The Academy Boarding House” prepared by Gerhardt Kramer dated 15 October 1987. One history of “Tavern” date unknown. And one photocopy of Hotel. And one of another building.
55. Minority / Women Business Directory. Dated January 1986 published by State of Missouri Office of Design and Construction.
56. Newsletters and Brochures Contains 2 “Friends of Arrow Rock” newsletters. Spring 1990 vol. 7 No. 2 and Summer 1991 Vol. 8 No. 3. And 1 “Heritage: Newsletter of the Missouri Parks Association Volume 7, No. 1 January 27, 1989 with article entitled “Hang-Up at Arrow Rock Resolved.” And pamphlets advertising Arrow Rock Activities.
57. Petition “To Conserve Soil and State Parks” dated 1988.
58. Plans for Arrow Rock included are plans for the “Old Seminary,” first floor of the “The Tavern” dated 10 February 1970, “Academy Boarding House & Hall House” dated 1 September 1992, “Tavern Restoration” dated 21 September 1984, “Kitchen Arrow Rock Tavern dated 6 Aug 1969, “Hall House,” “site plan” dated 1992, picnic bench, “gate,” 4 “Academy Boarding House,” 2 “Hall House,” “Tavern Restoration” dated 15 April 1985, “new pads for campground,” 3 kitchen plans for tavern, “Hall House” dated 18 March 1986, and 6 unknown sketches.
59. Plans for “Tavern Restoration” dated 15 April 1985
60. “Renovation, Repair and Construction; Academy Boarding House and Hall House; Arrow Rock State Historic Site” book that list of contractor specifications. Dated 15 December 1992.
61. Renovation, Repair and Construction: Arrow Rock Historic Site book. Dated 28 July 1989. Book contains unsigned agreements among contractors and requirements for contractors.
62. Rules and Agreements Contains guidelines and agreements for contractors to follow. Dates from the 1980s.
63. Rules and Agreements Contains guidelines and agreements for contractors to follow. Dates from the 1980s.
64. Specifications for Arrow Rock. Date range from 1970 to 1987 with several undated documents.
65. Specifications for Arrow Rock. Date range from 1969 to 1980s with several undated documents.
66. “Tavern Restoration and Food Service Remolding Arrow Rock State Historic Site Arrow Rock, Missouri,” book that list of contractor specifications. Dated 15 April 1985.
67. “Tavern Restoration and Food Service Remolding Arrow Rock State Historic Site Arrow Rock, Missouri,” book that list of contractor specifications. Dated 15 April 1985.
Series 3, Kramer and Harms, Carter-Price Papers
68. Administrative files for the Carter-Price Building in St. Charles. Includes
register for historic places nomination form, minutes for meeting, and call
69. Correspondence regarding Carter-Price Building arranged by date. 1982 to 1988.
70. Flyer “Boone’s Lick Trail Inn” flyer with image of Carter-Price building.
71. Plans and specifications Carter-Price building from 1986 with several undated materials.
Series 4, Kramer and Harms Faherty House Papers
72. Administrative: 2 logs and three notes
73. Clippings: “Proud Heritage” newspaper 1821-1971, unknown clipping, “Perry County Republican” clipping 12 April 1972.
BOX 4 (070436)
74. Specifications for Faherty House.
Series 5, Kramer and Harms, Fletcher House Papers
75.Administrative: Includes log of activities and notes.
76. Clippings: From the Globe-Democrat, Post-Dispatch and unidentified papers ranging from 23 October 1968 to 1 March 1976.
77. Correspondence: arranged by date 1968 to 1987.
78. History papers: three pamphlets documenting history of Fletcher House. The Life and Times of Thomas Clement Fletcher book published by the Jefferson Heritage and Landmark Society published 1994. “Master Plan for Restoration of the Governor Fletcher House Hillsboro Missouri, created 7 August 1972, is a history of the Fletcher House.
79. Specifications: Completion report April 1980, Drawings and written specifications for Fletcher House.
Series 6, Kramer and Harms, Gas Workers papers
80. Specifications for University City Gas Workers Union building book. 6 July 1961.
Series 7, Kramer and Harms, Horse Museum papers
81. Administration documents of the Horse Museum addition in Mexico Missouri
1967 to 1970.
82. Clippings of the Horse Museum 1 clipping from St. Louis Globe-Democrat 17 August 1970. 1 clipping form St. Louis Post-Dispatch 1989.
83. Correspondence regarding Horse Museum addition. Dates ranging from 1966 to 1973.
84. Memorabilia of Horse Museum. 2 “Audrain County Historical Museum” brochures about the history of museum. One postcard of historical museum. Dedication announcement from the Audrain County Historical Society.
85. Plans 8 sets that include geographical features of surrounding area and image of proposed addition to Horse Museum.
86. Specifications “General Specifications Addition to the Audrain County Historical Museum” book. Dated 2 January 1969.
87. Specification: Horse Museum papers 1969-1973.
Series 8, Kramer and Harms Hunter-Dawson restoration
88. Specifications: “Renovation of the Hunter-Dawson House, New Madrid Missouri 15 April 1976 book
Series 9, Kramer and Harms, Kirkwood Fabricators
89. Pamphlet: “Guide to Kirkwood”
90. Specifications: “General Specifications: Shop and Office Building for Kirkwood Fabricators Inc. 30 June 1964.
Series 10, Kramer and Harms, Gerhardt T. Kramer Book
91. Book The Early Architecture of Louisiana by Kramer, Gerhardt T. June 1932 Cornell University. Gives a history of architecture in Louisiana form the Colonization of Louisiana to until the 19th century.
Series 11, Kramer and Harms, Lashlee
92. Specifications “General Contract Including Specifications” book for the residence of Mr. and Mrs. C. H. Lashlee.
Series 12, Kramer and Harms, Mill Restorations
93. Administrative: 1 Correspondence 2 dated June 1969, 9 handwritten notes.
94. Clippings: “Franklin County Tribune, Union, Missouri” “Noser’s Mill Attracts Tourists,” 17 July 1968. “The Southeast Missourian” “Bollinger Mill; Near Sedgewickville, Serves Area Farmers for 138 Years” 5 November 1966.
95. Field Reports: Bollinger Mill dated 20 June 1969 and Noser’s Mill dated 20 June 1969.
96. Specifications: 3 “Bollinger Mill” drawings dated June 1969, 3 “Noser’s Mill” drawing. 3 “Noser’s Mill Drawings” dated June 1969, 8 drawings of mills. Two U.S.G.S. topographical maps of Noser and Bollinger Mill area. 1 map of “Noser’s Mill” area.
Series 13, Kramer and Harms, Monroe County Court House
97. Administrative files Monroe County Courthouse includes receipt and log
of activities concerning project. Date range 1989.
98. Correspondence: arranged by date. Ranges 9 August 1988 to 24 September 1990.
99. Specifications: contains drawings and brochures regarding details of Monroe County Court House project.
Series 14, Kramer and Harms, Nabisco Building
100. Specifications: Book of Specifications for Nabisco building dated 15 October 1976.
Series 15, Kramer and Harms, Newbill-McElhiney
101. Administrative: Hand written notes regarding Newbill-McElhiney building.
102. Clippings: Newspaper Clipping from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Charles Journal, Antiquing, and St. Louis Globe-Democrat. Date range from 8 August 1968 to September 1976.
103. Completion Report: “Newbill-McElhiney House Restoration” Completion report. Unbound book unknown date.
104. Correspondence: Correspondence regarding “Newbill-McElhiney House Restoration” date range from 17 February 1969 to 27 December 1976.
105. Promotional: promotional clipping from “St. Charles Historical Society,” “Sesquicentennial Celebration” announcement for the 5 February 1971 St. Charles Celebration, two tickets for the 1973 “Three Flags” events in St. Charles, advertisement for the 1973 “Three Flags” events in St. Charles, menu for the “Copper Platter Restaurant,” “150th Anniversary” First State Capital bumper sticker and Souvenir Program for the “Sesquicentennial Anniversary of the State of Missouri.
106. Specifications: Contains drawings and specifications for Newbill-McElhiney House.
Series 16, Kramer and Harms, Northminster Presbyterian Church
107. Clippings: three “St. Louis Countian” newspaper clippings
date 10 March 1959, 1 April 1959, 14 March 1959, and one “St. Louis Post-Dispatch”
clipping date 28 February 1960.
108. Correspondence dated from 18 June 1957 to 23 September 1960.
109. Financial and Administrative Files: Dated from 06 November 1958 to 3 June 1960.
110. Pamphlets: five pamphlets regarding sanctuary construction and one church program date range 1956 to 1960.
111. Plans and Specifications for Northminster Presbyterian Church.
Series 17, Kramer and Harms, Pelster Barn
112. Administrative and Financial: Included in file is “A Report on the
Pelster House/Barn; New Haven, Missouri” by Gerhardt Kramer describes
history and barn itself created 10 January 1980, meeting minutes of the “Pelster
Committee,” reports to “Pelster Housebarn Committee,” progress
reports, receipts, nomination form for National Register of Historic Places,
call logs and financial papers date range 1980 -1982
113. Clippings from “Globe-Democrat Magazine” 7 June 1980, three unidentified clippings, “St. Charles Banner News” 9 February 1978, “Globe-Democrat” Spring 1976, “New Haven Missouri Leader, “Missouri Farm Bureau News” May-June 1985, and “Washington Missourian” 14 February 1979.
114. Correspondence: ordered by date 29 January 1979 to 3 November 1983.
115. Publications: magazine article, “Missouri Preservation News” newsletter December 1981, Volume 5, Number 2, Herman Missouri Map, Deutscheim State Historic Park flyer, “Missouri Heritage Trust” newsletter August 1984, “Missouri Alliance for Historic Preservation” April 1989, brochure “Missouri’s Unique Contribution to America’s Architectural Heritage” published by Missouri Heritage Trust, Department of Interior exhibit announcement 1983, “Gone West!” magazine Summer 1983, Vol. 1, No. 3, “Missouri Preservation News” Volume 4, Number 3, “Preservation in Missouri…the role of the SHPO” paper and “Missouri Alliance for Historic Preservation” June 1989.
BOX 5 (070437)
116. Specifications: Contains descriptions and drawings of house barn.
Series 18, Kramer and Harms, Rayco Job
117. Specifications: Book of specifications for “Rayco Job” 9 August 1960.
Series 19, Sacred Heart Church Building Caruthersville
118. Administrative: Included are contract between owner and architect 11 February 1955, agreement dated 5 July 1955 and handwritten notes.
119. Clippings from St. Louis Post-Dispatch and St. Louis Daily Record dates 1955 to 1956.
120. Correspondence from February 1955 to June 1955.
121. Correspondence from July 1955 to February 1956.
122. Correspondence from March 1956 to June 1971.
123. Financial records dating from 1955 to 1956.
124. Images: 10 drawings and photocopies of Sacred Heart School and Community Hall and 1 drawing of Educational Building of Jennings United Presbyterian Church.
125. Specifications and Plans: drawing St. Patrick’s Church Jonesburg Missouri 1955, drawing water storage tank, two equipment layout drawings Sacred Heart School 3 November 1955, seven pages of specifications, Sacred Heart Church drawing 22 June 1955 and six drawings.
Series 20, Kramer and Harms, St. Charles Landmark Preservation Board
126. Administrative: Included are Activity log for 1972 to 1974, ordinance
creating Landmark Preservation Board 1 January 1977, two handwritten notes and
“Construction Manager Questionnaire” and Relocation and Restoration
of Missouri-Kansas and Texas Railroad Depot request.
127. Clippings from St. Louis Globe-Democrat 7July 1976, Supplement to Saint Charles Banner News from the Saint Charles County Historical Society 1973, St. Louis Post-Dispatch 25 April 1972, image of First State Building in St. Charles and St. Louis Post-Dispatch 5 April 1972.
128. Correspondence October 1971 to June 1976 arranged by date.
129. Gas Station Project: Clipping from St. Charles Journal 26 November 1975, letters proposal, and reports regarding Gas Station renovation. Date range 1975.
130. History: “French Town St. Charles” brochure, historical sketch regarding KATY depot 1976, Christmas image of David McNair Home 1975, and copy of 30 November Flyer.
131. Plans and Specifications: diagram of fire district number 1, 7 page document detailing the restoration of Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad Depot, drawing Robbins Tomb 8 March 1970, 3 Salvation Army drawings 5 May 1975 and Sketch of MKT depot.
Series 21, Kramer and Harms, Ste Genevieve
132. Specifications: two 1808 structure specification documents dated 21 November 1979 and 1 February 1979, Specifications for 1854 Ste. Genevieve porch repairs 1 October 1980, instructions to bidders and other specifications.
Series 22, Kramer and Harms, St. Patrick’s Church
133. Correspondence: Letters dating from 27 October 1954 to 4 June 1956.
134. Contracts: Contract and an agreement regarding St. Patrick’s Church 1954.
135. Financial: 5 financial papers 1955.
136. Specifications: Plans and specifications.
Series 23, Kramer and Harms, St. Paul’s Church
137. Renovation papers of St. Paul’s Church
Series 24, Kramer and Harms, Saxon Lutheran Memorial
138. Administrative: List of contacts, correspondence and notes. Date range
1980 to 1982.
139. Plans and Specifications: 3 sets of plans and 5 drawings. 1984 date range.
Series 25, Kramer and Harms, Warren County Museum Building
140. Correspondence ranging from 11 January 1981 to 24 October 1989
141. Pamphlets: Museum and Historical Library pamphlet dated 2 May 1982 and Herman Missouri Brochure.
142. Specification: Museum Building book dated 12 November 1981.
143. Specification: Museum Building number 5 book dated 12 November 1981.
144. Specification: Museum Building number 7 book dated 12 November 1981.
145. Specifications and plans: Contains bids, proposals, specifications and plans date range from 1981 to 1989.
Series 26, Kramer and Harms, Western District
Series 27 Hugo Graf Photographs
BOX 6--stored on site
Photographs Hugo Graf
147. 776.30-776.57 contains 7 11x14s, 18 8x10s, 6.75x5 and 8.5x5.75 photographs
148. 776.58-776.92 contains 8x10 negative image, 9x7 negative image, 6.5x9 negative image, 22 8x10 photographs and 5.5x3.5 postcards.
149. 776.93-776.108 contains 10x14, 8.5x11, 11 8x10s, 7.5x8, 8x9.25 and 6.5x10 photographs
150. 776.109- 776.123 contains 6 11x14s, 8 8x10s and 8x6 photographs
151. 776.124-776.137 contains 9x13, 6 8x10s, and 2 7x10s photographs, and a triptych of three 3 6.5x4 photographs, and 2 8x11 negative images, and 5.5x10.25 negative image and 6.5x10 negative image
152. 776.138-776.152 contains 9x12, 11x8, 11 8x10s and 8x8 photographs, and 5 x10 negative image
153. 776.153-776.186 contains 21 8x10s, 10 x13, 11x8, 10x6, 5x7, and 11x13 photographs, and 11.5x10 negative images, 12x9 negative image, 9x10 negative image, 10x5 negative image
Series 28 Kramer and Harms photographs
154. 776.187-776.279 contains 3.5x3.5 photographs
155. 776.280-776.310 contains 5 3.5x5 Polaroids, 10 4x9s and 15 3.5 x 5s photographs
155. 776.311-776.373 contains 7x8, 11 3.5x5, 2 6x8s, 3.5x5.5s, 12 3x4.5s, 3 4.5x7s, and 25 8x10s.
157. 776.374-776.423 contains 11x8, 10x5, 7x9, 8.5x10, 7x10,8.5x9,8.5x6,8x6,4.5x4.5,7 7x5s, 3.5x4.5, 14 8x10s, 10 4x5s, 7 2.5x3.5s,8.5x14 and 2 5x5s
158. 776.424-776.439 35mm slides
159. 776.187-776.219 and 776.231-776.237 and 776.264-776.279 and 776.374, 776.440- 776.459 210 negatives. 776.294-776.299 and 776.459-776.460 35mm negatives. Not all negatives have corresponding photographs
Series 29, Oversize boxes 7 and 8BOX 7--stored on site
Administration Building Central College 2 Plans,
Administrative building 3 plans
Ball Mr. and Mrs. Frank C. residence, drawing
Barnes Nurses Home, 5 drawings
Barnes Hospital 2 drawings
Cave, E. P. residence drawing
Castlewood Farms 3 drawings
Central College Administration building drawing
Central College Chapel 4 Drawings
Central College layout Fayette Missouri 2 drawings
Central College 2 coversheets, Fayette Missouri
Comparative Analysis-Recent Residence Halls in Women’s Colleges circa 1948
Community Hall 2 drawings
Dormitory for Men plan
Farm Bureau Office, Union County Locker Service, Anna Illinois 4 October 1946, 2 blueprints
Gateway and Honor Roll Webster Groves Memorial Field, 2 Drawings
Girl’s dormitory proposed 4 plans
Goodall, Mr. and Mrs. Arthur S. 16 August 1950, drawing
Huntleigh Woods house 2 drawings
Lawncraft incorporated streamlined vehicle drawing
“Missouri Ordnance News” Louisiana Missouri Vol. 2 No. 12, 12 March 1943 newspaper Lobby interior drawing
Monticello College drawing
Monticello College dormitory, 2 drawings
Monticello College Memorial Library 6 pages plans
Monticello College Library, drawing
Monticello College faculty residence drawing
New Women’s Dormitory 2 drawing
Muny Opera Stage 1935 2 drawings
Palace Theatre 3 drawings
“Plot Plan” plans
Restaurant place mat with map of New York City circa 1940
Shurtleff College drawing
Staff Housing, Ordnance Department U.S.A., War housing project Louisiana, drawing Missouri, 1945
Rogers Theatre 2 drawings
St. Louis riverfront proposal dated 1928 or 1938, 2 drawings
Spencer, Mr. and Mrs. Karl residence Blueprint
Stix residence drawing
Swinney Conservatory of Music, Central College, Fayette Missouri by Trueblood and Graf, 25 October 1926, drawing.
Theatre at Carbondale Illinois 3 drawings
Thompson Memorial Chapel Emmanuel Episcopal Church, drawing
Union County Locker Service, Dongola Illinois January 1947 drawing
Union County Locker Service 4 October 1946 drawing
Untitled church 3 drawings
Untitled building drawing
Untitled library painting
War Memorial Gymnasium and Community Hall 7 plans
Webster Groves Memorial Field Swimming Pool, 2 Drawings
Wellston movie theatre 5 drawings
Westminster College Dormitory, Fulton Missouri, 1948 drawing
Women’s Dormitory Central College 1935 drawing
BOX 8 Oversize Photographs--stored on site
Arrow Rock, f. 41-67
Barnes Hospital, f. 9, 23, box 6.
Bollinger, f. 93-96.
Chapman Mayor of Webster Groves, f. 2.
Faherty House Papers, f. 72-74.
Fletcher House Papers, f. 75-79.
Hunter-Dawson, f. 88.
International Shoe Company Building, f. 1.
Monroe County Court House, f. 97-99.
Monticello College, f. 2, box 6.
Burroughs, William and Mortimer, 147.
Muny Opera, box 6
Newbill-McElhiney, f. 101-106.
Nose Mill, f. 93-96.
Pelster Barn, f. 112-116
Pruitt-Igoe, f. 16.
Stix, Harry, f. 1
Trefts, Charles, f. 147, 149, 150, 153,147