The World War II collection was received in 5 accessions between October 26, 1988 and January 5, 1989. Dr. Jerry Cooper collected the material in the course of his work on military history. Emily Bono conducted the oral interview with Marjorie Bauer.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
The collection includes two books and a written manuscript dealing with the experienced of men serving in the army during the war. The collection also contains a scrapbook of news clips and sympathy correspondence compiled by Blance M. Pfusch concerning her husband Robert who was killed in action in Italy in 1945. Finally an oral history with Marjorie Lawson Bauer describes her life in Scotland during the war.
1. Anyway, We Won by John Brawley. Chronicals the authors experiences as a member of the 50th Signal Corp.
2. The Five By Five by Sayward H. Farnum. The history of the 555th Anti Aircraft Artillary Automatic Weapons Battalion.
3. An Account of Some of the Experiences of M.E. Haller an Enlisted Man in W. W. II by Manuel E. Haller. Haller served in the 80th Infantry Division in Pattons 3rd Army.
4. Scrapbook. Blanche M. Pfusch kept newsclips concerning her husbands death and about other KIAs from around Fargo N.D.
5. World War II Scrap book donated by the Lyons family, Webster Groves. Newspaper clippings composed mostlyof the collection but there are a few telegrams and official items from the Navy pertaining to the military service of Roger B. Lyons.
T515.1 Oral interview with Marjorie Lawson Bauer.
D-Day f. 1-3
Selectiv Service f. 1
U.S. Army f. 1-4
World War II f. 1-4, T515.1
STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF MISSOURI RESEARCH CENTER-ST. LOUIS
222, THOMAS JEFFERSON LIBRARY
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-ST. LOUIS
ONE UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
ST. LOUIS, MO 63121