The papers of CCHCP contain correspondence, bylaws, minutes, project files, notes and reports.
The CCHCP was organized in 1946 by leaders from civic, educational, religious, labor, veteran, and social welfare organizations. It later expanded to include members from architectural, planning, legal, building, and real estate organizations. The purpose of CCHCP is to aid in "Achieving adequate housing in well planned neighborhoods for every citizen." The CCHCP exerts its influence through educational activities, including: public forums, institutes, workshops, courses, newsletters, and meetings. Among other projects, CCHCP favored the development of the Pruitt-Igoe Housing Project.
1. Correspondence, By-laws, memoranda, 1949-1962.
2. Minutes, 1 957-1 961 .
3. Housing Forum, 1950, correspondence, report, memoranda, support material.
4. Citizens' Land Use Committee, 1961-1962, correspondence, minutes, notes and report.
5. Marian Weir's Daybook, 1958.
6. CCHCP Report, 1948. "Organizations Interested in Housing and Slum Clearance in the St. Louis Area."
STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF MISSOURI RESEARCH CENTER-ST. LOUIS
222 THOMAS JEFFERSON LIBRARY
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-ST. LOUIS
8001 NATURAL BRIDGE ROAD
ST. LOUIS, MO 63121