Volunteer of the Month
Each volunteer is an integral part of the UMSL community and helps the University to achieve its mission of meeting the educational, professional, economic and community needs of the St. Louis area by helping at special events, assisting in an office, beautifying the campus, mentoring/tutoring children, or supporting the Arts. The Volunteer Services Program and department supervisors realize the importance of each task that is completed. We could not accomplish the work we do without the help from our volunteers.
Beginning in January of 2006, one volunteer has been honored each month as the UMSL Volunteer of the Month. This award is open to all volunteers throughout the campus--regardless if they are serving on a short or long-term basis. Recipients of the Volunteer of the Month Awards are chosen for outstanding service, as shown in either a single activity or project over a long period of time.
- Candidates must be nominated for this award. All volunteers (high school students, UMSL students or community members) are eligible regardless of length of volunteer time.
- Volunteers are only eligible to receive this award once per calendar year.
- Volunteers can be nominated by staff, faculty, students, community members, and other volunteers.
- To nominate a volunteer, write a brief description of why you feel this person should be recognized as the Volunteer of the Month and email it to email@example.com.
Once nominations have been received the Volunteer of the Month committee, comprised of UMSL faculty/staff members, will determine each month’s awardee. The Volunteer of the Month recipient will receive recognition in the following ways:
- Name, photo, and nomination highlights are published in the Volunteer Connections Newsletter and on the Volunteer Services website.
- Frameable certificate, “Volunteer of the Month” award pin, a $20 gift card to the University Bookstore and a coffee mug.
- An automatic nomination for the Volunteer of the Year Award given at the annual Volunteer Recognition Event held in the Spring during National Volunteer Week.
View the current recipient!
Thank you for helping us honor the service of our volunteers!
UMSL Volunteer Services Staff