ST. LOUIS DAIRY COMPANY/SEALTEST FOODS
Industrial zones were an integral part of the redevelopment of the Mill Creek Valley area. Any resident industries that met the industrial zoning codes were be allowed to stay. Sealtest Foods was one such company. Known originally as the St. Louis Dairy Company from 1897 to 1952, it changed to Sealtest Foods in 1952. With several offices on Pine Street, the St. Louis Dairy Company/Sealtest processing plant on Chestnut Street made several products that local residents could find in the soon-to-be vacant grocery stores. It maintained this location until it moved during the late 1970s.