There's no need to cancel your class. The Student Retention Services office, by way of the Don't Cancel Class program, can cover your class by presenting on a number of topics that are relevant to college students. Even if you don't need to cancel a class, you are always welcome to request any of these presentations for your classes throughout the year. Presentations are typically 20- 60 minutes in length, depending on the presentation and your class's schedule.
Here are some of the topics that have been presented in the past:
- Assertiveness for College Students
- Time Management
- Effective Study Strategies
- Effective Presentations
- Test Taking Strategies
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Road Blocks in Communication/Effective Listening Skills
- Giving and Receiving Feedback: Recognizing how you can use effective feedback as a tool for your success
For more information on our workshops or to request a session, please contact Maya Scruggs-Hicks at (314) 516-5873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.