The planetarium presentation consists of a demonstration of the sky from different locations on Earth at differenet times of the year using the Spitz SciDome HD Digital Projection System.
The show opens with a view of the sky from St. Louis at twilight. This is followed by discussions and demonstrations of
- Some of the major constellations ans asterisms
- The Sun’s daily motion (due to Earth’s rotation) and how to measure a day
- The Sun’s annual motion (due to Earth’s orbit) and how to measure a year, along with the seasons
- Phases of the Moon
- The night sky at the North Pole and circumpolar stars
- The night sky at the equator