Dr. Charles Korr
Charles P. Korr, Ph.D.
Fields of Interest:
- Social History of Sports, 1850-present, Britian, U.S., South Africa, Tudor-Stuart England
- West Ham United: The Making of a Football Club (University of Illinois press, 1986)
- Cromwell and the New Model Foreign Policy (University of California Press, 1975)
- "Une rhetorique de la familie: West Ham United" in Actes de la Recherche en Sceinces Sociales (1994).
- "Marvin Miller and the New Unionism in Sports" in The Buisiness of Professional Sports (University of Illinois Press, 1991)
- "Le Pays du sport face au sport le plus populaire du monde" in Societes & Representations (Paris, 1999
- "A different kind of success: West Ham United and the creation of tradition and community" in Sport and the Working Class in Modern Britian (Manchester University Press, 1991)
- The role of organized sports in the lives of the political prisoners jailed on Robben Island, South Africa.
- A history of the Major League Baseball Players Association (the players union) from 1960-1982.
- A comparative social history of professional sports in Britian and the United States, 1945-1995.
To contact Dr. Korr please use the following email Cpkorr@umsl.edu