Student Conduct and Community Standards is responsible for upholding the Student Standard of Conduct and the Discrimination Grievance Procedure for Students, supporting the University’s educational mission through individual growth and development. These behavioral standards and intervention efforts provide a positive university climate that encourages students to take responsibility for their actions, learn conflict resolution skills, enhance decision-making ability and advance development of social awareness and ethical values.
Every student at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is expected to adhere to the Student Standard of Conduct and to uphold the policies and procedures of the University of Missouri-St. Louis. This policy outlines behaviors and actions for which students may be issued sanctions ranging from a warning to suspension or even expulsion. The purpose of the University’s policy and procedures is to help maintain a safe campus environment conducive to academic success while protecting the rights of all members of the University community.
The Student Planner provides information regarding campus policies online. The full text of the policies referenced above are also available for review on the University of Missouri system website at the links below:
- Student Standard of Conduct
- Rules of Procedure in Student Conduct Matters
- Discrimination Grievance Procedure for Students
- Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct in Education/Employment Policy
- Equity Resolution Process for Resolving Complaints of Harassment, Sexual Misconduct and other Forms of Discrimination Against a Student or Student Organization
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy