A Message from the President!
The Student Social Work Association has been off to a busy start this semester.
We hosted a pizza lunch in conjunction with the kick-off to our “Before I Die” project that was very well attended. Our thanks to all who participated!
Our first ever evening event – Movie and Dinner – was a great success. The movie, I Am Sam, received a round of applause at the end and the delicious food received its own accolades. Our fundraising efforts continue, with t-shirts for sale and other items to come soon.
Five Below stores have generously allowed us to host a fundraiser at all area stores for the entire week of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Please remember to bring a flyer when you shop so we receive 10% of the sale.
Lastly, we are partnering with Feed My Peeps to bring toys for the holidays, as well as coats, hats, gloves, etc., to the needy in the Walnut Park Neighborhood. Just a thought, many of these items are available at Five Below!! You can find donation bins in the student lounge, on the first floor, and outside the Chapel.
It’s hard to believe that the semester’s almost over. Good luck to everyone on their finals, and enjoy your break – you’ve earned it! - Cindy Haller
The goal of the Student Social Work Association is:
- To promote the Social Work Code of Ethics, community service and professionalism on campus and within the community .
- To facilitate collaboration between the students, faculty and University administration and the community.
- To present a positive image for the School of Social Work, our organization and the social work profession on campus and in the community.
Membership in the Student Social Work Association (SSWA) is open to all Social Work majors, as well as other University of Missouri-St. Louis students. Members should have an interest in promoting university activities and SSWA activities that will enhance student education, personal growth and community involvement.
Officers serve one year beginning in June
President - Cindy Haller (email@example.com)
- Responsible for meetings and agenda
- Appoints committees
- Maintains records
- Represents association at UM-functions
Vice President - Kanisha Collie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Acts in absence of President
- Coordinates communication
- Responsible for Student Activities Mailbox
- Maintains records and reports financial status of SSWA
- Submits billing to Student Activities Office
Secretary - Madeline Stroder (email@example.com)
- Maintains and distributes minutes of meetings
- Maintains e-mail
SGA Representative - Ali Gottuso (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Attends SGA meetings
- Acts as Liaison
- Organize and implement events
- Submit reports at regular SSWA meetings
Development/Media Relations - Kelly Mouton (email@example.com)
- Posting events on e-mail and/or MyGateway
- Maintain SSWA bulletin board
- Design, publish and distribute flyers to inform campus community of events
- Communicate with other college Social Work associations
- Plan a service event that will benefit the larger community
- Create awareness among students of issues that will affect them as social work professionals
Watch for news of open meetings - coming in October!
Have ideas, please share your suggestions @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Social Work Association
University of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Blvd
121 Bellerive Hall
St. Louis, MO 63121-4499
Faculty Sponsor -- Linda Wells-Glover
(email@example.com) or 516-6371