School of Social Work

Quick Reference Links and Things to Know


“Everything you need to know is available someplace on the MSW Webpage”

MSW Program and Field Education Office

Bellerive Hall, Suite 116


Tips for Student Success 

How to Forward Your UMSL Email address:

To forward your email, log onto MyGateway, go to the "Students" tab under "My Academic Toolbox," click on the "My E-Mail Forwarding Address" link and follow the directions provided. Please note that the university cannot guarantee the security or reliability of your receiving mail at any other email account. This change will only affect new mail received in your Studentmail account. Any existing (old) mail in your account WILL NOT be forwarded for you. For assistance with email, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 314-516-6034 or visit the ITS webpage at

How to Change your email NAME in Outlook Global Address list:

Name changes/updates to your student email account are made by telephoning the Technology Support Center at 314-516-6034 (select #4) and request that your name be added our changed.  Why is this important? Name changes in the UMSL mail system are not automatically updated when biographical information is otherwise updated in the university system. Without the correct name in the Outlook Global Address list, it is very difficult for members of the UMSL community to locate the correct contact information.

Quick Reference Links - Graduate School

Graduate School
Student Planner
Graduate School Student Handbook
Student Code of Conduct



Applying for Graduation. Your graduation is not automatic, even after you’ve met all the requirements. You must notify the university that you intend to graduate by submitting the appropriate forms to the Graduate School by the end of the fourth week of classes during the term in which all degree requirements are met. Students completing the master's degree during the summer must file the application by the first day of the eight-week session. Students not enrolled in classes within the semester they intend to graduate are subject to a graduation fee. Contact the Graduate School for details.  

The forms required for graduation from the MSW program are the M-1 and the M-4.

Master's Level Forms (M1 - M4)

Students completing a Certificate also need to submit the G-10 form.

G-10 Program for Graduate Certificate

A complete list of Graduate Forms


Technology Support Center – GET HELP


Student Technology Guide: 

Student Computer Labs: