June 8 - July 17, 2015
- FAQ (Frequently-Asked Questions)
- Information Letter
- Philosophy, Mission Statement, and Goals
You must complete the application above electronically and submit a hard copy in your application package. YOU MUST SUBMIT THE COMPLETE PACKAGE with all required documents at the same time. Contact email@example.com if you cannot access these documents. The complete application package is to be postmarked between March 2 and March 25 or hand carried to our office by 5 p.m. on March 26. Notification of acceptance will be sent to the student email address on your application prior to April 16.
STUDENTS, PLEASE INFORM THOSE WRITING RECOMMENDATIONS TO INCLUDE THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS AND: To assist in the evaluation process, listed below are abilities/qualities needed for a successful STARS program experience. Please speak to these criteria in your letter of recommendation:
1. Ability to use independent judgment;
2. Ability to follow protocol and procedures;
3. Ability to work well in a group;
4. Dependability and reliability.
Please contact Dr. Kenneth Mares directly for information (314) 516-6155 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The complete application package is to be postmarked by March 25 or hand carried to our office by 5 p.m. on March 26. Notification of acceptance will be sent to the email address on your application prior to April 16.
2015 FINANCIAL INFORMATION
TUITION for 2015 is $2495. It is due by June 1.
A non-refundable APPLICATION FEE of $80 must be attached to the front of the application package.
- No credit cards are accepted.
Checks for fees must be made out to "UMSL".
Please complete this Word document electronically and submit in the Student Application Package. Notification of financial aid awarded will be sent to the email address on your application prior to April 16. Compelling reasons must be given. Contact email@example.com if you cannot access the form. Financial Aid Form.
- Tuition checks must be received no later than June 1.
- Mail checks to Dr. Ken Mares, STARS, 239 Research Bldg., UMSL, One University Drive, 63121.
2015 PROGRAM DOCUMENTS
2014 PROGRAM DOCUMENTS
- RESEARCH PAPER TITLES
- PRESENTATION SCHEDULE 7-18-14
- St. Louis Science Fair Information
- The Paper and The Process
- Introducing a Guest Speaker
- Parking and Transportation Information
INFORMATION FOR MENTORS
"STARS provided the foundation from which I have built my research experiences. The good experience I had in STARS was the first, and crucial, step towards deciding to attend graduate school. I also believe my work in STARS made me a more competitive applicant when applying for college and helped me gain admission to several top universities. I still keep in touch with my STARS mentor and it has been valuable to have a contact like that." Recent quote sent from a 2008 STARS graduate!