6/12/17 - 7/21/17 Details TBA
2016 PROGRAM DOCUMENTS
- Transportation and Parking
- Research Paper Instructions Part 1
- Research Paper Instructions Part 2
- Research Paper Rubric
- "How to Get Published in a Science Family Journal"
- FAQ (Frequently-Asked Questions)
- Information Letter
- Philosophy, Mission Statement, and Goals
You must complete the application above electronically and submit a hard copy in your application package. YOU MUST SUBMIT THE COMPLETE PACKAGE with all required documents at the same time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot access these documents. The complete application package is to be postmarked between March 2 and March 25. Notification of acceptance will be sent to the student email address on your application prior to April 16.
Please contact Dr. Kenneth Mares directly for information (314) 516-6155 or email@example.com. The complete application package is to be postmarked by March 25. Notification of acceptance will be sent to the email address on your application prior to April 16.
2016 FINANCIAL INFORMATION
TUITION for 2016 is $2995. It is due by June 1.
A non-refundable APPLICATION FEE of $80 must be attached to the front of the application package.
- No credit cards are accepted.
Checks for fees must be made out to "UMSL".
To request financial aid, complete this Word document electronically and submit in the Student Application Package. Notification of financial aid awarded will be sent to the email address on your application prior to April 16. Compelling and detailed reasons must be given. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot access the form. Financial Aid Form.
- Tuition checks must be received no later than June 1.
- Mail checks to Dr. Ken Mares, STARS, 239 Research Bldg., UMSL, One University Drive, 63121.
Our sincere appreciation to everyone involved in the successful 2015 STARS Program. It was an honor to host and facilitate this group of outstanding young scientists! The Award winners were honored at the 10/19/15 STARS/LMI Aerospace, Inc. Award for Excellence in Research Banquet.
- Award Winner's Group Photo
- Award Winner's List
- 2015 Group Photo
- LHWHS Publicity
- Rockwood School District Publicity
- Pattonville Publicity
- Rockwood Students Recognized
- Ursuline Academy Senior
2015 PROGRAM DOCUMENTS
2014 PROGRAM DOCUMENTS
- RESEARCH PAPER TITLES
- PRESENTATION SCHEDULE 7-18-14
- St. Louis Science Fair Information
- The Paper and The Process
- Introducing a Guest Speaker
- Parking and Transportation Information
INFORMATION FOR MENTORS
"STARS provided the foundation from which I have built my research experiences. The good experience I had in STARS was the first, and crucial, step towards deciding to attend graduate school. I also believe my work in STARS made me a more competitive applicant when applying for college and helped me gain admission to several top universities. I still keep in touch with my STARS mentor and it has been valuable to have a contact like that." Recent quote sent from a 2008 STARS graduate!