Why Do Health Care Professionals Care?
We know we have some basic problems with information.
- 22 people in hospital need access to chart at any given time
- 30% of visits, Doctors cannot gain access to patient medical record
- 70% hospital patientsí paper records are incomplete
- 38% of physicians time is writing charts
- 50% of Nurses time is writing charts
- 10% of time patients age is not in chart
- 40% of time, no diagnosis recorded
- 27% Doctors do not note chief complaint
- 1.5 lbs is average paper record
- QA reviews 3 paper charts/hr OR 400 automated records/hr
- 11% of lab tests reordered because results not in record
These statistics lead us to ask several questions:
| Go to the Agenda | Go to Dr. Sauter's home page |
Page Owner: Professor Sauter (Vicki.Sauter@umsl.edu)
© Vicki L. Sauter. All rights Reserved.