Office of the Registrar
Meet The Staff
Enrollment Certification Letter - Login
Student Email Policy
Student Consumer Information
Semester Calendar & Important Dates
MyView Help & Tutorials
Cross Campus Enrollment
Registrar Enrollment Reports
Policies and Procedures
Faculty & Staff
Special Request for Classrooms using 25 Live
Electronic Class Roster
How do I take the FERPA course?
About Us - The Scheduling Team
Scheduling Calendars & Important Dates
Course Scheduling Policies
Upon written request of the student, official certification letters are mailed directly to agencies by the Registrar's Office.
Reasons you might need a certification letter:
- Request a deferment for payment of student loans.
- Verify eligibility for a good student discount.
- Notify a present or potential employer of university attendance or degree received.
- Notify another university of enrollment or good standing
- Inform IRS of enrollment
- Advise foreign consulates or governments of enrollment
What we can certify:
- Registration status
- Enrollment status (Full-time, Half-time, Less than half-time)
- Number of credit hours enrolled
- Degree program/emphasis area
- Degree/emphasis area awarded and date
- Anticipated graduation date
- G.P.A. - Cumulative or Term
- Academic level
- Address, phone number
- Course work currently in progress
How to obtain a letter:
- Login to the National Student Clearinghouse website and download your Enrollment Certification Letter.
- Bring in the deferment form sent by the lender to the Registrar's Office. Write your student number and anticipated date of graduation at top, sign and date the form.
- Complete a Deferment Request Form available in the Registrar's Office. Be sure to have the name and address of lender, your student number and anticipated date of graduation.
Or, download a Deferment Request Form now to fill out in advance. This form can be faxed to 314-516-6930 or mailed to University of Missouri-St. Louis, Registration 269 MSC, One University Dr., St. Louis, MO 63121.
Forms are submitted to the lender along with an official certification letter of enrollment.
- Bring in the verification form from the insurance company. Complete the student portion of form, sign, date and write your student number at top.
- Complete a Letter Request Form available in the Registrar's Office. The following information is required for completion of this form:
- Name and address of insurance company.
- Name of person carrying the insurance (i.e. parent, step-parent, relative, etc.)
- Name of current employer of the insured person.
- Policy and/or group #
Other certification letters:
- Contact the Registrar's Office.
Please note: Official letters are mailed only to the lenders and/or companies.