UMSL RN to BSN Degree Completion Program
The University of Missouri-St. Louis is currently accepting applications for our BSN Completion Option. We are excited for this opportunity to offer our top-notch BSN Completion Option at a location that is convenient for registered nurses!
Apply Today for the New Cohort
- Online: Application for Admission to the RN to BSN Degree Completion Program
- By Mail: Application for Admission to the RN to BSN Degree Completion Program
- Fill out the form online, print and mail to: Ann Larsen, School of Professional and Continuing Studies, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 1 University Blvd., 303 J.C. Penney Conference Center, St. Louis, MO 63121-4400
Note: $35 UMSL application fee waived for BJC, Mercy and SSM employees taking the RN to BSN Degree Completion Program
Your application cannot be fully processed until official transcripts are received by the UMSL Admissions Office.
- Request Official Transcripts from every college or university attended to be sent to our Office of Undergraduate Admissions. These must be sent directly from the sending institution through the mail. Hand-delivered or faxed transcripts will not be accepted.
- Transcripts must be sent to: Director of Admissions, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 1 University Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63121-4400
- Some schools may require a completed Transcript Request Form to release transcripts.
- Once all of the necessary paperwork has been received it may take up to two weeks or longer for your application to be processed. However, you can track the status of your application online with your application number.
- After a student is admitted to UMSL and they have provided proper documentation regarding licensure, he/she will receive an “Admit Letter” from the CON with details explaining how to schedule a registration appointment. Student is instructed to contact the front desk at (314) 516-6066 to schedule a registration appointment (via phone or face-to-face). Students are not allowed to register themselves for classes.
- The College Of Nursing follows the policy of the Admission Office regarding application deadlines. It is highly recommended that students begin the application process at 4-6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Term I
- N3817 (online)
- Term II
- Term III
- Junior Level Writing
- Term IV
- Term V
- Term VI
- N3900 Dimensions of Professional Nursing Practice | 3 credit hours
- N3817 Introduction to Nursing and Health Informatics | 3 credit hours (online)
- N3920 Health Assessment | 3 credit hours
- N4905 Values in Professional Nursing | 3 credit hours
- N3799 Quantitative Analysis in the Health Sciences | 3 credit hours (Prerequisite: College Algebra or equivalent)
- N3807 Nursing Research 3 credit hours (Prerequisite: N3799 or equivalent)
- N3808 Management and Leadership in Nursing | 3 credit hours (Prerequisite: Economics)
- N4901 Family and Community Nursing | 5 credit hours
- N4911 Synthesis in Nursing Practice | 5 credit hours
In addition, the following General Education Courses must be completed.
General Education Courses
Prior coursework completed will be evaluated by an Academic Advisor for the College of Nursing
- English Composition* | 3 credit hours
- Elective | 3 credit hours
- Chemistry | 4 credit hours
- Economics* | 3 credit hours
- General Psychology | 3 credit hours
- Psychology Elective | 3 credit hours
- Humanities Electives | 9 credit hours
- Contemporary Math or College Algebra* | 3 credit hours
- Microbiology | 3 credit hours
- U.S. History or U.S. Government | 3 credit hours
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II | 6-8 credit hours
- Social Science Elective 3 credit hours
- Junior Level Writing (must be taken at UMSL; see above plan of study) | 3 credit hours
*Indicates a prerequisite course (a grade of C- or higher is required)
Total Estimated Cost for 2 Years $13,438.80. Estimation is based on MO Resident & Metro Resident* tuition/fees for the 2013-2014 Academic Year. Tuition and fees are subject to change from one academic year to the next. Out-of-state residents are assessed an extra $498.50/hour.
- Tuition (34 hours @ $315.80/credit hour) $10,737.20
- Continuing Education Distance Fee (34 hours @ $57.40/credit hour) $1,951.60
- Books & Supplies (Average $125.00/term) $750.00
*Residents of 22 IL counties can qualify for in-state tuition. Please visit metroeast.umsl.edu for more information.
- Admission to the University of Missouri–St. Louis
- Graduation from a State Board approved and NLN accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program
- Evidence of current licensure as a registered nurse with eligibility for licensure in Missouri
- Completion of at least 30 academic (non-nursing) credit hours, with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
For Additional Information Please Contact: Christina Vanatta, Senior Academic Advisor at (314) 516-7193 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Main Office of UMSL’s College of Nursing (314) 516-6066.
The BSN Completion Option at UMSL’s College of Nursing is fully accredited by the Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education—the nationally recognized accrediting body for baccalaureate and higher degree programs—and fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree requires 120 credit hours; a minimum of 30 of these hours must be taken for credit through UMSL. BSN Completion students are required to complete 31 credit hours of nursing courses, including nursing statistics, and 51 credit hours of general education requirements. BSN Completion students may transfer general education credit hours from community colleges and other accredited colleges and universities (with the exception of Junior Level Writing, which must be taken at UMSL). Students are awarded 39 credit hours for their associate or diploma nursing courses.