- When: TBD | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 5:30–8:20 PM
- Where: UMSL, J.C. Penney Conference Center
- Fee: $1,225 |
Earn the New Standard in HR Certification.
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know – but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Ensure you're prepared with UMSL's SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Exam Prep, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive 6-week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) which encourages HR professionals to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
As part of your course, you will receive the NEW 2015 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. Comprised of comprehensive learning modules in print and e-reader formats, and advanced online resources, these study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
By attending our course, you'll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Tuition reimbursement and up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs)
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
SHRM Eligibility (click here to download PDF):
- Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to 1 year of experience.
- HR experience may be in an HR exempt or nonexempt capacity.
- Applicants with a graduate degree (or global equivalency) in HR must currently be employed in an HR role.
- HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
- SHRM membership is not required.
Advancing your career. For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
SHRM's new certification path is simple and clear. As a result of your proven knowledge and skills, you are already eligible to earn the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Simple process. No Cost.
If you have earned an existing certification (PHR®, SPHR®, GPHR®, HRBP®, HRMP®*) and are in good standing, or you become certified by January 31, 2015, you will be eligible for SHRM's new certification — at no additional cost – by completing the following three simple steps between January 5 and December 31, 2015:
- Document that your current certification is in good standing.
- Sign the Code of Ethics.
- Complete a brief online tutorial on HR competencies.
Once you complete this process, you will earn the new SHRM credential and begin a three-year recertification cycle**.
*PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP are registered trademarks of the HR Certification Institute and are not SHRM certifications.
** You will not lose or have to give up any of your current credentials in order to obtain the new SHRM certification.
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK, so you’ll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
- Business & HR Strategy
- Online: stay tuned for the next offering to register online
- Fax: Complete a Noncredit Registration Form and fax to (314) 516-6414.
- Mail: Complete a Noncredit Registration Form and mail to the address indicated.
- Call: (314) 516-6750 or TDD (314) 516-5961.
Make checks payable to: University of Missouri–St. Louis.
Cancellation Policy for Noncredit Business Administration Programs: The University reserves the right to cancel any program. In the event of cancellation, you will be notified immediately, and all program fees will be returned. If you must cancel the registration, you are entitled to a full refund only if you cancel two weeks prior to the first class.