GRE Strategy Workshop | Inquire
FREE Strategy Workshop for Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
UMSL Continuing Education is sponsoring a Free Strategy Workshop for the GRE. Test Prep Strategy Workshops are led by the area’s best test preparation instructors.
- When: April 29, 2015 | 6:00–7:30 PM
- Where: 403 J.C. Penney Conferece Center, UMSL
- FREE: Click to Register Online
The GRE Test Prep Strategy Workshop Features:
- Details about the types of questions you will face on the exam
- Tips on how to approach each type of exam question.
- Comprehensive information about the registration and test taking process.
- Sample problems extracted from a pool of previous exam questions
GRE Test Prep (Classroom) | Inquire
- When: June 2–June 25, 2015 | Tuesdays and Thursdays | 6–9 PM
- Where: UMSL, J.C. Penney Conference Center
- Fee: $799 | Click to Register Online
You are ready for Graduate School. Let us help you take the first step to an advanced degree. The GRE Test Prep course from University of Missouri–St. Louis will give you the skills and confidence you need to ace the GRE. Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.
The GRE changed formats in 2011. The UMSL Test Prep course is here to help you learn about the new test format and give you the skills and tools you need to maximize your potential. The 24-hours of classroom instruction covers each of the three main sections of the GRE revised General exam: Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning. We will walk you through each section, tell you what has changed on the exam, and prepare you for all of the question types you are likely to encounter on the GRE.
A lot has changed with the new format of the GRE, including the exam content, formatting, and scoring. However, the core of the exam is basically the same. The changes are intended to improve the exam’s ability to measure critical reasoning skills and assess likelihood of success in graduate school – the same goal the exam has always had. The exam will still consist of three sections: Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning. Each section has undergone some sort of change. Our program is designed to help you master the challenging question formats used on the GRE.
UMSL GRE Prep Classes Offer
- Expert Instructors: Our highly trained instructors are here for you. Our experienced instructors have aced the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goals.
- Proven Strategies: The Test Prep’s program was developed by exam prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
- Superior Materials: The GRE Prep Course materials have been completely re-written for the GRE revised General test. Materials include: The Official Guide to the GRE revised General Test – the most recent publication from ETS, the official GRE provider, the GRE Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons, and Powerprep II software on CD-ROM, including a complete simulated computer based GRE.
- Convenient Location: All University Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the UMSL campus in the J. C. Penney Conference Center.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success at an affordable cost.
Who Should Take the UMSL GRE Test Prep Course
The UMSL GRE Prep course is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is ideal for anyone who has been out of school for a few years and for current undergraduate students looking for assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include: Education, nursing, MBA programs, social work, or other related fields of study may be required to sit for the GRE.
Quantitative Test Topics Include
- Review of basic mathematical skills needed to succeed on the GRE
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning difficult geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Strategies for solving each question type, including: quantitative comparison, multiple right answer, multiple choice and numeric entry questions
Verbal Test Topics Include
- Solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
- Dealing with the Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence questions
Strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
General Topics Include
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Solving unfamiliar question formats
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Identifying common distracters
About Our Program
The UMSL Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps hundreds of students at major colleges and universities across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly-trained top quality instructors.
Hear What Others Have Say About Our Program
"...Upon taking the class, doing the work, and using the techniques provided in the class my score went up 100 points on the verbal and 50 points on the quantitative areas. This class was concise, educational, and very beneficial."
"I truly don't think I would have passed the exam without your class. You were very supportive and provided many insightful tips for strategies on taking the exam. I am extremely satisfied with my results and I know the course was worth every penny."
GRE Test Prep (Online) | Inquire
- June 4–30 | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 6–9 PM | Register Online
- July 9–August 18 | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 6–8 PM | Register Online
- September 23–October 21 | Mondays & Wednesdays | 6–9 PM | Register Online
- October 27–November 19 | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 6–9 PM | Register Online
- Fee: $749
- Call (314) 516-5961 for more information
Now you can benefit from the quality of the Education Testing Consultants’ traditional classroom GRE Prep Class from the comfort and convenience of your home. This intensive online GRE class is delivered by a live instructor and provides you with all the interactivity of a classroom experience. Whether you are across the country or across the globe, our live-online GRE Prep class will help you prepare for this important exam.
The GRE revised General test measures critical thinking, analytical writing, verbal reasoning, and quantitative reasoning skills that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study. While the GRE changed formats in 2011, the skills it measures have not changed. The GRE is required for a large variety of master's degree and doctoral degree programs. Master's in Education (ME), Social Work (MSW), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Business, and Public Administration programs often require or accept the GRE General exam.
Maximize your potential with 24 hours quality live-online instruction covering each of the three main sections of the GRE revised General exam - Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.