The Knowledge is Power Conference
When: Saturday, November 2, 2013 | 8 AM–2 PM
Where: Millennium Student Center, UMSL, North Campus
The conference is SOLD OUT.
Vendors: Please call Jennifer Clemente at (314) 516-5994 to register.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please bring non-perishable canned food items to support Food Outreach.
- Stress Reduction & Reflexology
- Exercise & Cancer
- Nutrition & Cancer
- Young Black Women, Cancer & Your Health
- Performances by Spoken-Word Artists, Singing & Dancing Performances, and more
Need a Mammogram? The Mammogram Van from Siteman Cancer Center will be offering screening by appointment to women age 40 and older from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. You must call (314) 251-5678 to schedule an appointment. Please check with your health care insurance provider to confirm your benefits.
What to Expect
The expected outcome for this conference is to convene a diverse group of service providers and seek to initate interdisciplinary thinking on ways in which succesful (service delivery) models of care are bridging the gap to address heath care dispairites equity and promotion.
- 08:00-08:45 | Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 08:00-03:00 | Exhibitors & Health Screenings
- 08:50-09:05 | Welcome
- 09:05-09:40 | History of African-American Nurse’s
- 09:50-10:50 |Concurrent Session I
- 10:55-11:30 | Exhibitor Hall
- 11:30-12:30 | Lunch
- 12:35-13:35 | Concurrent Session II
- 13:45-14:45 | Keynote Speaker
- 14:45-15:15 | Closing Remarks
- 15:15-15:30 | Wrap Up and Evaluation
- Sigma Theta International-Nu Chi Chapter
- Missouri Office of Minority Health
- University of Missouri–St. Louis College of Nursing
- UMSL School of Professional and Continuing Studies
- SSM Healthcare
- Elsevier Publishing
- Mercy Hospital