The Knowledge is Power Conference
- When: Saturday, November 1, 2014 | 8 AM–2 PM
- Where: Millennium Student Center, UMSL, North Campus
- Registration: This event is FREE; however, registration is required. Click here to register online.
- UMSL Students: Click here to register online.
- Vendors: Please call Beverly Wolfinbarger at (314) 516-7454 to register.
Learn about Breast Cancer in an environment where the mind, body and soul are fed. The Black Women and Breast Cancer Conference: "Knowledge is Power" is FREE and offers you a chance to attend a keynote session, breakout sessions, gather resources and information from local vendors and enjoy an inspirational lunch speaker and entertainment. The Keynote Speaker is Dr. Lanis Hall, MD,Washington University Radiation Oncologist. Breakout sessions include: breast cancer survivorship panel, clinical trials, young women's health,stress reduction & meditation and exercise & cancer.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please bring non-perishable canned food items to support Food Outreach.
- Stress Reduction & Meditation
- Exercise & Cancer (ZUMBA)
- Young Black Women, Cancer & Your Health
- Performances by Spoken-Word Artists, Singing & Dancing Performances, and more
What to Expect
The expected outcome for this conference is to convene a diverse group of service providers and seek to initiate interdisciplinary thinking on ways in which successful (service delivery) models of care are bridging the gap to address heath care disparities equity and promotion.
- 08:00-08:45 | Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 08:00-03:00 | Exhibitors & Health Screenings
- 08:50-09:05 | Welcome
- 09:05-09:40 | History of African-American Nurse’s
- 09:50-10:50 |Concurrent Session I
- 10:55-11:30 | Exhibitor Hall
- 11:30-12:30 | Lunch
- 12:35-13:35 | Concurrent Session II
- 13:45-14:45 | Keynote Speaker
- 14:45-15:15 | Closing Remarks
- 15:15-15:30 | Wrap Up and Evaluation
- Sigma Theta International-Nu Chi Chapter
- Missouri Office of Minority Health
- University of Missouri–St. Louis College of Nursing
- UMSL School of Professional and Continuing Studies
- SSM Healthcare
- Elsevier Publishing
- Mercy Hospital