When: October 11, 2014
Where: UMSL, J.C. Penney Conference Center
Teachers who attend will:
- Develop professional relationships with university faculty to share best practices based on research
- Reflect on teaching practice
- Cultivate an attitude of continuous improvement through reflection and discussion
- Meet in a supportive environment where both professional and personal issues can be addressed
- Session options for both elementary and middle/high school will be offered
First through fourth year K–12 teachers are invited to participate in Beginning Teacher Assistance Program (BTAP) for the academic year. Participants can be graduates of any college of education.
Attendance at the one-day program satisfies the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Beginning Teachers Assistance Program requirement for participation in a university/college-sponsored mentoring program. The program is required for advancement in state certification. Certificates of attendance will be provided at the conclusion of the day.
For more information about BTAP, contact Jim Jordan, senior coordinator, School of Professional & Continuing Studies at (314) 516-7250.
- 08:00-08:30 AM | Check In
- 08:30-08:45 AM | Welcome
- 08:45-09:45 AM | Keynote: My Never Ending Journey, Pattie Rosenkranz, CoachEd
- 10:00-10:50 AM |
- Session 1a: Classroom Management (Elementary)
- Session 1b: Common Core (Secondary)
- 11:00-11:50 AM |
- Session 2a: Common Core (Elementary)
- Session 2b: Classroom Management (Secondary)
- 12:00-12:30 PM | Lunch
- 12:30-01:20 PM | Teacher Performance/Assessment Systems
- 01:30-02:20 PM | Inclusion and Special Education Issues in the Classroom
- 02:30-03:00 PM | Summary, Recap and Conclusions
This conference is limited to 150 participants; register soon to reserve your seat.
Deadline: October 4, 2014
Fee: $34 (includes lunch)
- Register Online
- Fax: Complete a Beginning Teachers Assistance Program Registration Form and send by fax to (314) 516-6414
- Mail: Complete a Beginning Teachers Assistance Program Registration Form and mail to the address indicated
- Phone: (314) 516-7454
The University reserves the right to cancel any program. In the event of cancellation, you will be notified immediately, and all program fees will be refunded or applied to a future program at your request. If you must cancel a registration, you are entitled to full refund only if you cancel 48 hours prior to the first class meeting.