Take advantage of this opportunity to:
- Explore the profession of optometry and the UMSL College of Optometry program
- Learn about our admission requirements and where these courses may be taken
- Find out about the Optometry Admission Test (OAT) and when it should be taken
- Learn how to select a professional school based on your personal needs
- Learn about our application procedures
- Learn how to estimate cost of optometric education
- Develop a budget
- Learn how to finance your education
- Tour the College
- Talk with current students
- Discuss housing options
- Have your questions answered
- Hear from a panel of faculty members
Listen to students discuss optometric student activities
**Due to federal healthcare patient privacy laws (HIPAA), campus tours do not include the University Center for Eye Care, however, we arrange for all tours to include the Pre-Clinical area.
Friday, July 19, 2013
Friday, September 20, 2013
Friday, March 21, 2014
Please check-in with a Student Services Representative in the lobby of Marillac Hall (South Campus) before 10:45 a.m.
Each program will begin at 10:45 a.m. and end at approximately 4:00 p.m. A very light snack break will be provided.
Where: University of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Boulevard
St. Louis MO 63121
(South Campus located at 7800 Natural Bridge Road)
Maps of the Campus http://www.umsl.edu/misc/Maps/maps.html
Parking is available in lots V or W. Both are located in front of Marillac Hall. A parking decal is required. A Student Services Representative will be present in the lobby of Marillac Hall to give you a decal.
There is no cost to attend this workshop, however, registration is required and limited to the first 45 registrants (potential students and their families who are attending).
Tour begins promptly at 11:00 a.m
12:30 - What school is really like- Student and Faculty Panels
1:30 - Becoming a candidate- Pre-reqs, Application, OAT
2:00 - Becoming the perfect candidate- How to make your best impression during all phases; What is most important? Getting Accepted: getting an interview? What is the interview like?
2:30 - Break and refreshments
2:45 - Funding your dream- Financial aid and budgeting for school
3:30 - Questions and answers
Please bring all your questions. Write them down so that you don't forget them. The purpose is to insure that you have all your questions answered.