- FNP (Post-doctoral) - University of Missouri-St. Louis, 1996
- DSN - University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1993
- MSN - University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1978
- BSN - Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL, 1977
- Leadership in Practice Frameworks for Healthcare Delivery
- Selected as a site for the PIP (Partners in Prevention) Tobacco Cessation Project(grant funded) for the 2007-08 school year to be housed in the Wellness Resource Center/UHWCS at UM-St. Louis.
- Wrote mini grant proposal and was selected as a NASPA HELP (Health Education and Leadership Program) Affiliate site -received funding for hiring a student intern to assist with HIV/AIDS Awareness, screening and outreach on campus, 2001.
- Wrote proposal to become a national demonstration pilot site to develop
- Health interventions to reduce students risk for HIV and other diseases, 2002
- Magnuson, N. (2000). Staying Well at College. Tips on Teens.
- Atkins, J., Magnuson, N. (1990). Occupational Health Nursing Research, June 1984-June 1989. AAOHN Journal. December.
- DeChesnay, M., Magnuson, N. (1988). How Healthy Families Cope with Stress. AAOHN Journal.September.
- Magnuson, N. (1993). Flexible Time Management: Women HandlingResponsibilities of Multiple Roles to Implement Health-Promoting Activities. University of Alabama School of Nursing, Birmingham, AL.