- BS, Nursing, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- MS, Nursing, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- PhD, Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Junior Faculty Travel Grants, University of Missouri-St. Louis, $1,000, 2013
- Fellowship, International Studies and Programs at University of Missouri-St. Louis, $2,000, 2013-2014
- Joo, J. Y. (2013). Community-based case management, hospital utilization and patient-focused outcomes in Medicare beneficiaries. Western Journal of Nursing Research. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1177/0193945913514140
- Joo, J. Y., & Huber, D. L. (2013). An integrative review of nurse-led community-based case management effectiveness. International Nursing Review. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1111/inr.12068
- Joo, J. Y., & Huber, D. L. (2012). An integrative review of case management for diabetes. Professional Case Management, 17(2), 72–85. PMID: 22311244.
- Joo, J. Y. (2013, October). A review of intervention fidelity and integrity in community-based nursing. Poster presentation at the 7th annual meeting of the Multidisciplinary Research Conference, St. Louis, MO.
- Joo, J. Y. (2012, April). Effects of computerized cognitive game program on cognitive function and mood in healthy elders. Paper presented at the 36th annual meeting of the Midwest Nursing Research Society, Dearborn, MI.
Honors and Awards
- Cum Laude, Seoul National University, 2008
- American Public Health Association
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Case Management, Transitions of Care, and Population Health Management
- Multiple Chronic Illness Management
- Health System and Health Policy
- Community Health
- Health Disparities