Jee Young Joo, PhD, RN, is an assistant professor with research interests in population health care management, especially as it concerns the management of chronic illnesses, outcome improvement, health care systems, and health policy. Her doctoral research focus was on community-based case management and outcomes of Medicare beneficiaries, though she has expanded her interests to care coordination programs and care transitions programs from hospital to community, health disparities, and nursing intervention fidelity and integrity for strengthening the translation of nursing research to practice. She has participated in research projects on nursing administration systems, patient safety and health informatics.
2013 PhD - University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa; Nursing Administration
2010 MSN - Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea; Nursing
2008 BSN - Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea; Nursing
- Case Management, Transitions of Care, and Population Health Management
- Multiple Chronic Illness Management
- Health System and Health Policy
- Community Health
- Health Disparities
- Management and Leadership in Nursing
- Evidence-based Nursing
- Fellowship in International Studies and Programs at UMSL for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Cum Laude, Seoul National University (2008)
Publications & Presentations
- Joo, J. Y. (in press). Community-based case management, hospital utilization and patient-focused outcomes in Medicare beneficiaries. Western Journal of Nursing Research.
- Joo, J. Y., & Huber, D. L. (2013). An integrative review of nurse-led community-based case management effectiveness. International Nursing Review. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1111/inr.12068
- Joo, J. Y., & Huber, D. L. (2012). An integrative review of case management for diabetes. Professional Case Management, 17(2), 72–85. PMID: 22311244.
- Joo, J. Y. (2013). A review of intervention fidelity and integrity in community-based nursing. Poster presentation at the 7th annual meeting of the Multidisciplinary Research Conference, St. Louis, MO.
- Joo, J. Y. (2012). Effects of computerized cognitive game program on cognitive function and mood in healthy elders. Paper presented at the 36th annual meeting of the Midwest Nursing Research Society, Dearborn, MI.