Kuei-Hsiang Hsueh, PhD, RN
- BA, Nursing, Taipei Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan
- MS, Social Service Administration, Georgia Southwestern State University, GA
- MS, Nursing, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- PhD, Nursing, University of Arizona, TUcson, AZ
- Identifying key attributes of essential predictors of Asian Caregivers’ Health – Principal Investigator, $12,096, UMSL Research, 2004 - 2005
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang, Bachman, J. A., Lloyd I. Richardson, Cheng, Wen-Yung, & Zimmerman, Rick (Accepted) Mechanisms through Which Reciprocal Filial Values Protect the Wellbeing of Chinese Adult-Children Caregivers in the U.S. Research in Nursing and Health
- Sredl, D., Melnyk, B., Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang, Ruth J., Ding, Cody, & Durham, J. (2011) Healthcare in crisis! Can nurse executives’ beliefs about and implementation of evidence-based practice (EBP) be key solutions in healthcare reform? Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 6(2), 73-79.
- Astroth, K. S., Fish, A. F., Mitchell, G. L., Bachman, J. A., & Hsueh, K-H. (2010). Construct validity of four exercise stage of change measures in adults. Research in Nursing and Health, 33, 254-264.
- Hu, Jie, Gruber, K. J., & Hsueh, K-H. (2010). Psychometric properties of the Chinese version of the SF-36 in older adults with diabetes in Beijing, China. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 88(3), 273-281.
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang, Clarke Ekong, S., & Hu, Jie. (2008). Acculturation in filial practices among U.S. Chinese caregivers. Qualitative Health Research, 18(6), 775-785.
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang, Phillips, L., Cheng, W. Y., & Picot, S. F. (2005). Assessing cross-cultural equivalence through confirmatory factor analysis. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 27(6), 755-771.
- Cheng, W. Y., Chen, K. Y., Hsueh, K-H., & Kou, S. E. (2013). Nursing careproviders’ nursing strategies for the behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia: A nationwide study. The 28th International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Taipei, Taiwan, from 18 – 20 April, 2013.
- Cheng, W. Y., & Chen, K. Y., Hsueh, K-H., & Kou, S. E. (2013). Application of Kolb’s learning style theory for dementia caregiving education. The 28th International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Taipei, Taiwan, from 18 – 20 April, 2013.
- Cheng, WY. , Wang, J. J., Chen, K. Y., Kao, A. W., Hsueh, K-H., Kou, S. E., & Pai, M. C. (2013). Evaluation of a carer training project for the management of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia. The 28th International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Taipei, Taiwan, from 18 – 20 April, 2013.
- Ealy, R. B., & Hsueh, K-H. (2013). Related Outcome Measures of Preconception or Interpreconception Care among Women of Reproductive Age. Poster Presentation at the MNRS 2013 Annual Research Conference; March 7-10, 2013.
- Hu, Jie, Gruber, Kenneth, & Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang. (2009, November). SF-36 health Survey: Is it suitable for use with old Chinese adults with Diabetes? Paper presentation at the 137th annual American Public Health Association in Philadelphia, PA
Other Scholarly Activites
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang & Hu Yuejuan (2010). Aging theories. In S. G, Wang, Geriatric Nursing (6th Ed.). Farseeing Publishing Co. Taiwan (25 Pages) 95%
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang & Lee, Mingde (2010). Urological problems in Aging. In S. G, Wang, Geriatric Nursing (6th Ed.). Farseeing Publishing Co. Taiwan
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of Carol A. Lindeman Award for A New Researcher, at the 36th Annual Communicating Research Conference/17th Annual WIN Assembly, the Western Institute of Nursing, Scottsdale, AZ.
- The Gerontological Society of America
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Western Institute of Nursing
- The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Nu-Chi Chapter, U.S.