About the College
News and Events
Message from the Dean
Our Faculty and Staff
Pre-Licensure BSN Programs
BSN Frequently Asked Questions
RN to BSN Program
BSN Frequently Asked Questions
Post Graduate Certificate Program
Scholarships and Loans
Student Nursing Organizations
Alumni and Friends
Nursing Learning Resource and Simulation Center Campaign
Kuei-Hsiang Hsueh, PhD, RN
College of Nursing, South Campus
Kuei-Hsiang Hsueh’s research interests focus on issues related to frail elderly and their family caregivers. My long term goal is to build evidence-based elder care to avoid costly hospitalization and reduce caregiver burden through developing, implementing and disseminating community-based interventions that promote the wellbeing and quality of life for the elderly and their caregivers across ethnic groups. She just finished collecting data.
- BA, Nursing, Taipei Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan
- MS, Social Service Administration, Georgia Southwestern State University, GA
- MS, Nursing, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- PhD, Nursing, University of Arizona, TUcson, AZ
- Identifying key attributes of essential predictors of Asian Caregivers’ Health – Principal Investigator, $12,096, UMSL Research, 2004 - 2005
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang, Bachman, J. A., Lloyd I. Richardson, Cheng, Wen-Yung, Zimmerman, Rick (Accepted) Mechanisms through Which Reciprocal Filial Values Protect the Wellbeing of Chinese Adult-Children Caregivers in the U.S. Research in Nursing and Health
- Sredl, D., Melnyk, B., Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang, Ruth J., Ding, Cody, Durham, J. (2011) Healthcare in crisis! Can nurse executives’ beliefs about and implementation of evidence-based practice (EBP) be key solutions in healthcare reform? Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 6(2), 73-79.
- Astroth, K. S., Fish, A. F., Mitchell, G. L., Bachman, J. A., Hsueh, K-H. (2010). Construct validity of four exercise stage of change measures in adults. Research in Nursing and Health, 33, 254-264.
- Hu, Jie, Gruber, K. J., Hsueh, K-H. (2010). Psychometric properties of the Chinese version of the SF-36 in older adults with diabetes in Beijing, China. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 88(3), 273-281.
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang, Clarke Ekong, S., Hu, Jie. (2008). Acculturation in filial practices among U.S. Chinese caregivers. Qualitative Health Research, 18(6), 775-785.
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang, Phillips, L., Cheng, W. Y., Picot, S. F. (2005). Assessing cross-cultural equivalence through confirmatory factor analysis. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 27(6), 755-771.
- Cheng, W. Y., Chen, K. Y., Hsueh, K-H., Kou, S. E. (2013). Nursing care providers’ nursing strategies for the behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia: A nationwide study. The 28th International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Taipei, Taiwan, from 18 – 20 April, 2013.
- Cheng, W. Y., & Chen, K. Y., Hsueh, K-H., Kou, S. E. (2013). Application of Kolb’s learning style theory for dementia care giving education. The 28th International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Taipei, Taiwan, from 18 – 20 April, 2013.
- Cheng, WY. , Wang, J. J., Chen, K. Y., Kao, A. W., Hsueh, K-H., Kou, S. E., Pai, M. C. (2013). Evaluation of a carer training project for the management of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia. The 28th International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Taipei, Taiwan, from 18 – 20 April, 2013.
- Ealy, R. B., Hsueh, K-H. (2013). Related Outcome Measures of Preconception or Interpreconception Care among Women of Reproductive Age. Poster Presentation at the MNRS 2013 Annual Research Conference; March 7-10, 2013.
- Hu, Jie, Gruber, Kenneth, Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang. (2009, November). SF-36 health Survey: Is it suitable for use with old Chinese adults with Diabetes? Paper presentation at the 137th annual American Public Health Association in Philadelphia, PA
Other Scholarly Activities
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang & Hu Yuejuan (2010). Aging theories. In S. G, Wang, Geriatric Nursing (6th Ed.). Farseeing Publishing Co. Taiwan (25 Pages) 95%
- Hsueh, Kuei-Hsiang & Lee, Mingde (2010). Urological problems in Aging. In S. G, Wang, Geriatric Nursing (6th Ed.). Farseeing Publishing Co. Taiwan
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of Carol A. Lindeman Award for A New Researcher, at the 36th Annual Communicating Research Conference/17th Annual WIN Assembly, the Western Institute of Nursing, Scottsdale, AZ.
- The Gerontological Society of America
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Western Institute of Nursing
- The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Nu-Chi Chapter, U.S.