Social Structure Exercise
- List 3 or 4 statuses that you occupy (at least one achieved and one ascribed status).
- Do you display any status symbols?
- What is your master status?
- Do you have any status inconsistencies?
- What are some of the roles attached to these statuses?
- Is there any role conflict?
- Do you experience role strain?
- Have you gone through the process of role exiting?
- What are some of the groups you belong to based on these statuses?
- List at least one primary group and one secondary group.
- How about networks? What networks do you participate in?
- How do these groups and networks affect your sense of self and interactions with others?
- Now, locate these statuses, roles, groups, and networks within larger institutional structures.
- What are the "functions" of these institutional structures?
- Which institutions exert the most force on your daily life?
- How does conflict affect your life within these institutional structures?
- What are some of the informal structures within these institutional contexts (informal versus formal interaction).
Owner: Robert O. Keel: email@example.com
Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:11 AM
Unless otherwise noted,
all pages within the web site http://www.umsl.edu/~keelr/ ©2013 by
Robert O. Keel.
Click here to Report Copyright