Institutional Research provides the following services to the campus community:
- Extracts data from a variety of sources, e.g., the UM data warehouse, the Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the U.S. Education Department, and other databases.
- Develops queries and reports using the UM data warehouse.
- Trains faculty and staff to use data retrieval tools.
- Provides advice to faculty and staff on appropriate tables and fields.
- Archives federal and state compliance reports.
- Works with the UM-System and other institutional research offices at other institutions.
Requests for other services will be considered.