If the University of Missouri - St. Louis issued your most recent I-20 or DS-2019, and if you have been maintaining good F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 status, we can write a letter of status for you. This letter will help you to apply for a Missouri driver's license (or a Missouri state ID card). If you would like such a letter, please fill out the form below.

Please note: we cannot write the letter of status if any of the following points apply to you:
1) You have a hold on your student account
2) You are currently not enrolled as full-time student (unless our office has given you written authorization to drop below full-time status)
3) You have ever failed to complete a full-time load of courses in any previous semester (this includes delayed (DL), excused (EX), and withdrawn (Y) grades, none of which count towards full-time enrollment)

There are two sections to this form. The first asks questions about the person the letter is for. This could be F-1 or J-1 students or F-2 or J-2 dependents. The second section is specifically about the principal F-1 or J-1 visa holder (even if the letter in general is for her/his F-2 or J-2 dependent.)

All fields are required.

Part I: About the person who needs the letter

Family Name

Given Name

Email Address

Local Address

Visa type

Gender female male

Part II: About the F-1 or J-1 visa holder

Student number

First term of enrollment at UMSL

Current level

Degree program (major)

On OPT or Academic Training?
no or n/a
yes, OPT
yes, Academic Training