International Student and Scholar Services

Filing Adjustment Applications


Back to Permanent Residency information

This information is provided as a courtesy to UMSL faculty members who are eligible for U.S. permanent residence sponsorship based on their UMSL employment. It is not intended for outside use. Please note that the information links and forms below are subject to change without notice and that it is each applicant's responsibility to submit the appropriate documentation to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS).

ISSS cannot provide you with further guidance or advise on the adjustment portion of your permanent residence application, and some faculty members seek the services of an immigration attorney to review the adjustment application package.

General instructions (updated 1/2008)

CIS forms that are required for the adjustment application:

Form I-485 - application for adjustment

Form G-325 - biographical data

Form I-134 - affidavit of support

Form I-693 - medical exam form

Other information required by CIS:

Photo specifications - instructions for getting the proper photographs for your adjustment application

Immunization requirements - shots you must have at or before your medical exam. Members of health plans may wish to get immunizations through their health plan and bring shot records to the medical exam.

Certified Civil Surgeons - list of doctors who can perform the medical examination for permanent residence applicants.

Permission to work and travel based on a pending adjustment application:

Form I-765

Form I-131