International Student and Scholar Services



To make your request, either fill out an online form below or print a PDF and return it to our office.

Authorization for a reduced course load (underenrollment) (fillable pdf)
You cannot actually drop any classes until you have received written approval from our office. This does not mean simply turning in the form, you must wait until you receive an approval letter. If you have any questions, stop by the office to talk with someone.

Change academic level and/or begin a new degree program
This form is for students who complete one program at UMSL and wish to start another program here (this includes students who go from unclassified senior status to Master's-level study). This is form not needed for changes of major; these are processed automatically.

Extension of Stay (for Students in F-1 Status) (pdf)

Invitation letter for parents/friends (pdfRequest online!
Tourist Visa FAQ (pdf)

Letter of status (for a Missouri driver's license or a state ID) (pdfRequest online!
Detailed instructions about applying for a driver's license (pdf)

Replace a lost/stolen immigration document (pdf)

Social Security letter (pdf)

Take courses at another school (pdf)

Transfer to another school (pdf)

Travel signature (pdf)

A miscellaneous letter (e.g., passport renewal, foreign visa, etc.) Request online!
This form should not be used to request letters of enrollment. Enrollment letters, including enrollment history, are available in the Registration Office.

*United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) forms - click here